Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

kessel is far from awesome

I dont think shero and lemieux and co. would pull the trigger to get hossa, if he wasnt already planning on resigning here. Im sure they have already had conversations over a contract

I def. like the Gill pick up… Even if he does lack the speed, he is a shut down D-Man, his size makes up for it.

i think kessell looks pretty promising. but regardless, my point is just because espisito dropped in the draft, the fact remains he hasnt even come close to developing so its kinda dumb to act like hes worthless. and gill is a good move, i cant even see how anyone could think it isnt.

i agre, there had to be contract talks with hossa before-hand before this deal went down. hopefully thats not just wishful thinking tho.

Signing some people will be interesting considering how much talent we have now…

Sid 8.7 mil
Malkin 8 mil (est)
Hossa: 7 mil
Gonchar: 5 mil
Whitney: 4 mil
Fleury: 5 Mil (est)
Total for 6 players: $37.7 mi

That is a lot of $$ wrapped up in 6 players…let alone you have to sign Staal…the cap is about $50mil now and I know we don’t want to go there until the arena is in use. it will be interesting the next 2 years.

With your point taken bics, I really dont think pens would go after hossa if they werent pretty sure they could resign him and and retain the rest of our players. Hossa has said he is very excited to come to pittsburgh and play with some of the best players in the world. Hopefully maybe he will take a small pay cut to stay with the pens if all works out.

wow, two big names but true they haven’t produced lately. Very interesting.

agreed

100pts last year

I think he was tlaking about Colby and Christensen…Hey does anyone know how good Hossa is in shootouts? We need a replacement for Christensen!!!

26 goals 30 assists on a very shitty thrashers team, he can hit 60 in a season with sid, he had over 80pts in season 4 or 5 times.

hes a legit winger, 5 time all star.

Im starting to like hal gill deal… fuck it… I DONT SEE ANYONE IN THE EAST BEATING THE PENGUINS

dont need it, no shootouts in playoffs

my thoughts exactly.

yes…true…I was just thinking for the rest of this year and the future. I am sure Christenen got a few extra points this year with how good he was…not that I am complaining…just wonder if he is any good.

i think Hossas point production will far exceed Erik’s value in the shootouts. lol.

haha…you think? I was just wondering biatch

I think i remember hossa being pretty good in shootouts

bics, why dont you check Hossas breakaways in the ALLSTAR skills competitions over the years. haha!

thoughts? good points made

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08057/860542-383.stm?cmpid=emptynetters.xml

I don’t even remember being this down when Jagr got traded. Armstrong is one of my favorite players.

maybe the Cup will cheer you up?