Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

Rough game tonight, they really need to get a win tomorrow. Ottawa looks really good with Brian Murray, none the less watch for Fleury to start tomorrow. I don’t think the whole time overall was outplayed I just think there was a fews goals that were weak.

pretty much conklin does not play his angles well at all…

holy crap!

how did it go? i missed todays game…

came out flying!

lucky win tonight… i thought it would have gone better esp coming out quick with two goals… So see what happened tonight anyone think conk will remain #1 goalie?

I am going to have to disagree with you. Did you see the goal Flower(PS what the fuck kind of nickname is that?? GAY IMO) let up from the sharp angle? Pretty shitty. Anyways they got lucky today. I did not like seeing Colby on the other team. I look forward to getting crosby and hossa back.

no

on one angle? look at all the pucks that hit fleury right in the chest… hes in position almost all the time… conklin plays the flop style, he cant even make a proper butterfly to save his life.

that puck just barely barely went in by about .25" in the net otherwise it would of hit the post.

You really should not say anything about Conklin. You obviously hate the guy and say stupid shit like that. Fact is he does play his angles very well and knows how not to give up rebounds. That’s why you rarely see him flopping around having to make an amazing save. Not to mention his ability to play the puck. Fact is he had a average to bad couple of games, which he is due considering how he dominated the NHL lately…it is going to happen. Brodeur even gets lit up from time to time.

As for the game yesterday it was sweet…I was there (thanks Tom) Fleury played very good for his first start…Talbot’s goal was one if the sickest all year. I don’t think the score showed how well we played. It was kinda weird to see Colby and Christensen out here…they should be happy. Both got a good amount of ice time and Christensen was on the #1 PP line and Colby on the #2. Anyone see Colby take a run at Malone when malone was about to get off for a line change…funny…then he also almost took Fleury out with the net…you could tell he didnt mean to, but it was still funny/crazy. Then there was Kovalchuk trying to destroy Malkin @ center ice…good thing he missed. Good game overall, glad I went.

^ agreed. Fleury played well in his first start but dont say Conklin doesnt play his angles correctly. that one goal Fleury let up was soft as hell and he didnt play his angle correctly either. we are gonna need both guys to play at a high level at this point of the season, so if Therrein is gonna run them based on performance, then i just hope whoever he puts in is playing well, thats all i care about. Malone was awesome yesterday, his game is so well-rounded. i had fun at the game, hopefully during the florida trip we get crosby and hossa back…and whitney.

It should be sweet in a week or two. We are playing solid now with out key players. Once Crosby, Hossa, and Whitney come back we should be solid. Then you think about Eaton and Uncle Gary…I know Eaton is out for the year but we should get Roberts back by the end of the year. It would be nice if once Crosby and Hossa come back if they “click” and there isn’t too much rust on Crosby. They should be insane within 3 games I would think…then you add in our Malkin line and it is going to be sick. I just hope they keep Malone on Malkin’s line, he is playing so well there. That leaves Dupuis or Staal for Crosby’s line.

I think that no matter what, Malone/Malkin/Sykora should be on a line together. Crosby/Hossa/Staal?? on the 1 line. The playmaker (Crosby), the scorer (Hossa) and the big man (Staal).

All this equals total domination.

aslong as they dont feel they need staal as a #3 centerman, thats the only problem.

why cant you stop hating on conklin? he is leading the league in save percentage.

Maybe the Pens should call up Dan Hertzberg from their farm club in CCAC.

I totally disagree with you. Then you take a look at the goal where they slammed a wrap around in on him. He should have not let his stick come up or slide over. He was out of position and not aggressive. How many times did it hit his chest and fall in front of him and he not play it. It scares me to watch him like that. His rebounds are bad. The reason he makes those acrobatic saves is because he was out of position.

he was out of position on a wrap around goal :rofl:

His rebounds are not bad, his rebounds are kicked to the corner not to the slot like conktard ends up doing so many times.

Hes making acrobatic saves when he is facing 2-1s, one timers thing where you cannot square up and take advantage of a perfect angle.

please STFU. you talked so much shit when Ty first took over and then you didnt say shit for the past 20 games cause Conklin was running shit. he had a couple below average games and now you wanna bring all this technical bullshit back. try to analize it all you want, they bring different styles to the table and can both be good goalies.

Im not talking shit , voicing my opinion for who is the better goaltender… not just from time to time but in general fluery is better. You can compare stats all day long from this season… but in general fleury is better.