Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

damn! good thing he pussed out and didnt fight anyone, they could have killed him!! lol

fixed

wow we played like shit tonight… no good passes, rushing the power play… way to many dump and chase and not carrying the puck into the zone… im embarrassed…
we better win the next game… cause it looks like we r playing philly and you know they are going to come out hitting and scoring

Pens needed to be humbled, and they were tonight. I expect them to come out Sunday and bury the Rangers.

i kinda expected this tonight i was hopin for the sweep but i think they wanna bury jagr in pittsburgh where he started his career and what might possibly be his last game

After the first I wasn’t too worried. We had some chances and looked somewhat good, but the Rangers’ D looked solid all night. They played their game and beat us. They had a few bounces but we got all the bounces earlier in the series. Not sure what was up with the Malkin breakaway goal…or no-goal. They said it was b/c malkin ran into Lundqvist and he did not have a chance to make the save…but they give Malkin a penalty shot b/b we was pushed down. Last time I checked if you are pushed into the goalie the goal counts. Oh well…the Rangers were the better team last night so they deserved the W. I am sure the Igloo is going to be crazy on Sunday…and the Pens are gonna come out fired up.

tickets go on sale today at 2pm

bring on the cryers!!!

Awesome game yesterday…first playoff OT game in a while. Looks like Hossa is starting to put them in…that guy gets like 3-4 chances a game. Ranger played decent all series but I think how our offense would not stop is what did them in.

Next up is Phili, I am ready for a dirty series. I watched a few of their games and they are the real deal. Their offense stepped it up and RJ Umberger is a playoff superstar. This series should be one we talk about for a while.

Game was awesome yesterday… i got some good pics ill have to upload. Props to btg for taking me!

The NBC announcer was hilarious…HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

FIRED UP FOR THE GAME TONIGHT!!! Lets hope we set the tone by totally dominating.

Some good news…

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08130/880452-61.stm

Flyers will be without top defenseman
Blood clot in ankle shelves Timonen
Friday, May 09, 2008
By Ed Moran, Philadelphia Daily News
The Flyers have absorbed injuries all season without a significant decline in play all season.

They did it as recently as Game 5 against the Washington Capitals, when forward Mike Knuble was lost for the rest of the opening-round playoff series with a torn hamstring. They just plugged the hole and moved on.

Simon Gagne, Joffrey Lupul, Derian Hatcher, Scottie Upshall, Mike Richards. They all have lost significant time – Gagne the rest of the season because of concussions – and the injuries never altered the team’s course.

This time, though, they are up against it.

With the Eastern Conference final starting tonight in Pittsburgh, the Flyers have lost Kimmo Timonen, their top defenseman, with a blood clot in his left ankle.

“[Timonen] was hit with a shot in Game 4 against Montreal. He played in Game 5, and it continued to bother him,” said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren. "We had an MRI done on him and followed it up with a visit to a vascular surgeon today; we had a second opinion done today.

“There is a blood clot right in the front of his left foot, right about where he ties his skate. It’s a quite serious thing, and he needs to go on blood thinners and he’s not going to be available.”

Holmgren said doctors told the team that the clot would clear up in a month to 2 months, but that “[Timonen] had a glimmer of hope that he would be able to come back. But it’s [Timonen’s] glimmer. Right now, we’re treating this as if he will not be available.”

Timonen said last night he was examined at the University of Pennsylvania by Ronald Fairman, chief of vascular surgery and endovascular therapy, who said there is a chance the clot could clear up in two weeks, depending on how well the blood thinners work, but he did not sound optimistic.

“It’s an awful feeling,” he said.

The loss is unquestionably the biggest blow to the Flyers this season. In 12 playoff games, Timonen had six assists and was a plus-5.

So now the big question: Who serves the role of Sidney Crosby spoiler and who focuses on Evgeni Malkin, the Penguins’ two star forwards.

Timonen would have seen most of the action against Crosby while paired with his young partner, Braydon Coburn. One possible combination could be Derian Hatcher with Coburn.

Hatcher has played a lot against Crosby, but Hatcher is so much bigger than the Pittsburgh forward that playing against him is likely to land Hatcher in the penalty box.

Hatcher would be better matching up against the Penguins’ other star forward, Malkin, who is bigger than Crosby and doesn’t go down as easily.

Whoever replaces Timonen could also pair up with Lasse Kukkonen, Jason Smith or Randy Jones.

But it will not be easy for the Flyers to find the kind of shutdown pair they had in Timonen and Coburn.

I am fired up also. I hope they take penalties and we can capitalize. I was watching the wings last night and they looked damn good!!! should have won like 8-0.

i think that series may end up being a waste of detroits time… i really dont see dallas putting up much of a fight.

Dallas is surprising a lot of people and Detroit is known for choking when it comes down to it. Even Nashville gave them a couple good games. The Colorado series looked easy because the Avs were playing with minor league guys in the lineup.

How much longer can they ride Franzen and Osgood? I duno, I like Dallas, they’re a tough team, fighting against the odds.

great fuckin game tonight.lil shakey in the first but we stepped it up in the 2nd and 3rd period.whats that i hear MVP malkin

i need slingb0x

man this is a good game. i hope the pens can pull it off

Awesome game… they had like 1 shot in 16 mins at the end lol

Inconclusive evidence my ass!!