Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

better review the picture above of the Devils fan that went there and maybe rethink that choice or at least bring a body guard.

Nice to see the Stars didnt get sweeped… I hope those guys take it to game 7 and give us a bit of a rest

x2

all we have to do is play one shift at a time, and slowed down our power play, and carry the puck into the zone instead of dump and chase and we should be alright tonight

im pretty sure i can handle myself, but thank you for the concern…

I went to Wachovia Center for a game in November… Man the fans are a bunch of assholes… I really thought I was gonna get jacked or something.

Hey do you have a white 87 jersey if so I saw you after the second Staal goal. come on pens lets go 1 more to tie, and if you can’t win it tie it. COME ON!!!

Going to game 5 …

with all those questionable calls in the first, we all knew it was going to happen.

our defense wasn’t covering thier men.
they were making a TON of blind passes
We were not steping up in the nuetral Zone
We were off our game Penalty wise it seemed.

in my opinion, we didnt start actually playing until Staal netted his second goal. so i will give them 5 min of the entire game they played like they have for the last 12 games.

but look on the bright side. the game will be on national tv, and the pens will make a bunch of money from admissions and concessions :smiley:

and if Dan was in net on that 2nd goal, he would have made sure Scudari would have watched his center

well atleast i can go to game 5… but we did play like shit… we didnt rush the puck, j staal was the entire team tonight… he did it for grandpa staal… maybe if smort was on philly they wouldnt score so much… :x lol j/k

i had a black crosby jersey on, and i too will be at game 5

ps me and my buddy tried to get in a fight, couldnt find one

The first was rough…seemed like the call in the last two games favored the Flyers. I think we had a total of 4 powerplays in those two games. But I hate to be complain about the refs guy so we will have to deal with that.

Obviously they had a great first period and falt out outplayed us. Their neutral zone D is what held our offense back…but in the third we found our way around that. There is no way they shutdown Sid and Geno two games in a row. I think one of them is going to have a big game on Sunday.

What was going on at the end of the game was typical Flyer hockey…getting in cheap shots. Like with 20 seconds left when Richards clearly had no intentions on winning that faceoff and tried to take a few shots at crosby’s knee…fuck that, you need your ass beat for shit like that. For game 5 they are gonna try to start shit after the whistle…we have to turn our heads and skate away…they know that is their only way to win. They know they can slow the game down and at the same time bait us into some penalties.

Timonen & Braydon Coburn may play on Sunday…looks like they are gonna try and make it a series.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20080516_Flyers_Notes___Timonen_may_return_for_Game_5.html

Timonen may return for Game 5

After the Flyers finally broke through for their first victory of the Eastern Conference finals last night, they got some good news that gave them hope of extending the best-of-seven series a little bit longer.
Kimmo Timonen, their top defenseman, may have a chance to play in Game 5 on Sunday.

“I’m going to skate tomorrow,” Timonen, who has been out for the entire series with a blood clot in his left ankle, said after the Flyers defeated Pittsburgh, 4-2. "I met the doctor today, and we took another ultrasound. Based on that, the doctor said I have a green light to give it a try. That’s what I’m going to do.

“I’m going to skate and see how it feels. The doctor feels that there is no chance the clot is going to get loose or break up or anything like that. It’s a great sign. A week ago, they were afraid it was going to get bigger and cut loose. I’ve been on blood thinners now for eight days, and we’ll see how it goes.”

Timonen has played superb hockey against the top lines of the Washington Capitals and the Montreal Canadiens throughout the playoffs, but he was ruled out of the Pittsburgh series after soreness in his ankle did not go away. His return would be vital in helping stop the Penguins’ high-powered attack led by Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

Flyers coach John Stevens raised the possibility at his postgame news conference of not only getting Timonen back, but also defenseman Braydon Coburn, who suffered a horrible gash when hit by a puck in Game 2 of this series and needed more than 50 stitches near his left eye and nose.

“Is there a chance? I think there is, either or both,” Stevens said. “But the first thing is to make sure of the health of the player. We’re not going to put anybody at risk. If they can’t go, we’re going to keep marching ahead like we are. But if we’re able to get one or both back, it would be a huge lift for our team.”

I think Mario told them to throw that one…He’s gonna make a whole bunch of $$$$ on a nationally televised Sunday afternoon home game…lol

one of my friends whos a pilot with me in the air force owns marios with his friends and he said its like heaven after the hockey games when they play in pitt b/c some of the penguins go the marios third floor and drink after games… also max talbot lives behind marios… so hes always there… lil fyi

Please tell him his bar sucks donkey balls

x2 one of the worst spots on carson.

well other people like it and its making him a shit load of money

And Dallas is giving Detroit a run for their money, Back to Dallas they go. These finals are looking to be good match-ups the pens need to put the flyers away. LETS GO PENS