Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

Sounds like the guy’s were having a good time at practice

Set, go!

Defenseman Ryan Whitney and winger Georges Laraque were on the ice warming up well before anyone else, and Whitney challenged Laraque to a race from a goal line to the far blue line

Several of their teammates spilled from the locker room to watch, and Therrien came out to act as the starter.

Whitney won, but barely.

Laraque made it an even longer day by staying out at practice to offer Adam Hall some pointers on fighting

Pens sighned the least to play in the burg to 2040!:boink

Yeah I saw that…awesome…also there should be more tickets for the jan 1 game.

Fleury is the man, I don’t care what anyone says.

I don’t know if anyone else was able to make the game tonight but if you missed it you’re lucky. This game was somewhat boring (as most preseason games are). I swear Gonchar has gotten even slower, he managed to get an assist on a Malkin goal but also gave up a handful of plays. It’s really hard to speculate if he isn’t trying as hard because it’s preseason or if his age is starting to shine thru his new Reebok jersey. I guess one plus is that our defense is now a little deeper and no longer have a bum named Melichar however, I’m sure someone will eventually fill his spot of taking the blunt of the fans abuse in the near future. Latang played a pretty decent game, he seemed to be able to skate pretty damn fast compared to some of our other defenseman. Also our number 1 draft pick Esposito played very little (maybe 8 minutes?) and didn’t seem to do much of anything. Detroit played a pretty good game and basically just shut down any attempt at creating a play in the offensive zone. Right now Therrien is not worried about winning these preseason games he’s worried about picking the right players for the right lines/etc. Hopefully with a little more time, these guys can mesh a little better and once the regular season picks up we’ll be looking much better.

^^^ Gonchar is notorious for starting slow…and it is preseason. Lets just hope it isnt like his first season with us where it took him 1/2 a season to wake up. I think he will be fine, he tore shit up last year. I really want to see Espisito play…I heard he is fast and has awesome puck skills.

If you want to see Esposito play you might want to make that other preseason game next week but I think he’s going to be playing in the minors this season. But yeah is pretty fast and quick w/the puck—he had a hard time doing anything with the amount of time he played though lol. I just hope the first half of the season is just dump the puck and line change like a good portion of last season was.

No Esposito this year…got sent back to his team in Quebec…oh well.

he didnt really do much to stand out in the crowd at the game saturday. he just sort of took his shift, didnt hurt, didnt help. i think i’d be pushing a little harder if i knew i was on the chopping block.

nothing against the kid… but i think they’ll be ok without him.

Saturday night’s game was a snoozer. Got tickets for next Friday so hopefully they’ll be a little more alive.

yeah. that and beer prices went up. assholes

Higher prices, same crappy arena… Nachos are also up to $6.00 and the cheese wasn’t even hot :wtf:

really? what were they last year? i paid 6.25 for labbatt. i thought that was the same??? infact i thought it was more than the other beers last year, like 7 something??

Every game I go to I get nachos and a drink…it’s always like 10 american

i didnt have any but the one draft stand said $7.50. maybe it was imports?

:dunno:

Pens played a lot better last night… Christensen made Thibault look like a fool on a breakaway.

Malkin got a goal at end or reg. but it was waived off cus time expired.

Sydor shit the bed with a no-look backhand pass off the boards that got picked up by a Sabre and buried past Sabourin with about 28 seconds left in the game.

Yeah, Sydor was sleeping at the end of game; they did play MUCH better yesterday than they had last week. Ryan Stone played with a good bit of intensity and I think has an honest chance of making the roster. Danny Souborin had some questionable goals but with the way our defense was playing its hard to put all the blame on him. Gonchar seemed to play a little better but still seems like he’s half asleep or exhausted after a few shifts. Like I said in my previous post I think that these preseason games are somewhat a joke. With the regular season quickly approaching I think we can expect to see a MUCH more intense team.

yeah pens didnt impress much in the preseason, but im sure they will come friday, i just hope all the hype didnt get to their heads

Not that it means much witht he way the Pens change lines…but Staal is playing wing on the (LW I think) on the # 1 line. If he stays there he could have a 40 goal year

Just remember what Colby Armstrong did on the top line in 05-06. Sidney Crosby can make anyone a star, and I think Staal has more talent than Colby.

However, he doesn’t lay down the lumber like Colby does.