Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

true…Colby is the man. I like Staal’s forecheck and goal scoring ablility…he always seems calm and smooth. I would like to see him step up is passing/playmaking skills.

Letang got sent down but I think he will eventually make his return sometime this season.

I agree/hope

IT starts tonight.

5-3 PENS.

WOW! They seemed to have kicked it up a few notches with it being regular season now! I would say overall though our defensive is still struggling to keep the puck in the zone. Skyora played an incredible game with 2 goals and the goal that Armstrong had was brilliant. My only thought is what the hell happened last night?

Sykoras release is awesome especially with Malkin as his setup man …damm hopefully Sids foot is ok after taking that shot off it …they looked better but still shaky in their own end …

gonchar was the main factor on 3 of the 4 goals we gave up

:doh: I couldn’t have said it any better…Kris Letang is looking a whole lot better lol, no for real though Ray Shero needs to find a defenseman who is going to step it up, our offense can only do so much. Keep in mind (correct me if I’m wrong) Anaheim had their backup goalie in.

Anaheims #1 goalie has sports hernia problems hasnt played a game yet this season … they are also missing their captain from last year and their leadign scorer and we still barely beat em …they need to wake up

it’s the 2nd game of the season.

they will be just fine

if letang was that great , he wouldve made the team. and are you suggesting that his offensive output is goin to be more than a guy who lead all nhl defensmen in points for some of last years season (gonchar)?..no, he wont. Letang will get his chance. im sure he’ll see some time on the big club this year.

also, gonchar is a slow starter and he might not always make the best decsisions in the zone, but he’s well-worth having and more than makes up for it. if you want to pin Anaheims (and carolinas, for that mater) ability to cycle in our zone at will, on Gonchar then i think you need to take another look. plus, fleury has been soft in thes first two games. its early tho.

gonchar > letang at this time, but gonchar has still been very shitty the first 2 games, but he is also a notoriously slow starter. pens will be fine, maybe not 105 point year, but as long as they get 8th seed at least anything can happen.

After watching the game tonight, Does anyone else wish Gonch would hit the Fkn net with just ONE shot attempt !!!

Ok, Im better now.

That game was painful…it’s getting sad how the other team dominates our defense! When we get in the offensive end we’re always behind the net, which isn’t bad but someone NEEDS to be planted in front of the net to produce some kind of scoring chance.

I was at the game last night, it looked like the pens were out for a Sunday skate. It doesn’t even look like they care if they win or lose.

x2. lots of missed shots. you’d think with a goalie playing in his first nhl game they’d put a little more effort into getting some shots on him.

Did anyone else think that the article in Post Gazette about Price was a little ridiculous? He made a couple good saves but why the hell would you compare him to Patrick Roy, what just because they both got their starts against us and won? What a load

he looked pretty damn good for his first game. Only time will tell, but he is off to a good start.

i didnt read the article so i cant really speak to whether or not it was rediculous, but he’s pretty much dominated in every league he’s played in thus far… i’m sure he’ll continue to do well in the NHL. comparing someone to Roy or Brodure after one game is pretty silly. but if you look back at his accomplishments prior to the NHL he’s developing a pretty good track record.

I was at the game last night, it looked like the pens were out for a Sunday skate. It doesn’t even look like they care if they win or lose.

Reminds me of last year when they would play for 20 minutes all game then try to make it up in the last 10 minutes.