Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

It’s kind of sad because the Penguins quick success has been sort of a part of their downfall as well. A lot of stupid yinzer Steeler fans jumped on the Penguins band wagon and there are just a lot of uneducated hockey fans out there that treat it like a Steeler game.

I almost hate going to Pens games anymore. Idiots that scream shoot (had one dumbfuck lady screaming it while the Pens were passing in the defensive zone, thought she was being sarcastic, but she wasn’t), to not understanding the idea of interference (heard another rocket scientist wonder why its legal to do it in basketball, but you can’t set a screen in hockey).

I remember having season tickets during college, 2002-03, 03-04, 05-06, even with the team not being great there were true fans there. There might have only been 10-11k in the house, but they were all super passionate hockey fans.

Nobody is trading Sid or Malkin. I thought earlier this year Fleury was going to be in the same situation but I could see them possibly getting rid of him if a nice opportunity presents itself.

And also, Ovechkin is not going anywhere. At least not now. If there was some financial situation similar to what Edmonton ran into with Gretzky, then that’s understandable, but I doubt the Caps are going to run into a situation like that in the future.