Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

That was sweet…he did that a few time in this series. Did anyone see when after the whistle Ovi flipped the puck up while skating past Fleury and was tapping the puck on his blade and Fleury whacked the puck out of the air….funny stuff there.

I will say after watching this series it made me realize it is true about Ovi not having a complete game. For the most part he never forechecks or backchecks…I mean if it is an important part of the game he will but 90% of the time he doesn’t, his board play is nothing special, always cherry picks, defense skills are limited…pretty much he is an amazing shooter and skater and nothing else really stands out. Everyone is always amazed how much energy he has…hell if you watch him he is coasting around either looking for a breakout pass or a nice dirty hit to lay on someone…he can catch a breather while the rest of his team is working. Not saying he isn’t great, but his overall game isn’t too impressive aside from skating and shooting…yes you can say he lays dudes out, but how many of those hits are legal?