Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

Last year the deal went down right at 3 and the word was out for the drive home. I anticipate that if something does happen the word will be out quickly.

Still have my fingers crossed for Heatley

yea, get real. the interw3b fucking owns.

Ya… I think if something does happen we’ll know about it when it happens… I was just saying what he meant by not knowing till later tonight. I remember reading bout Hossa right before I left work at 3:30 last year :smiley:

The suspense is killing me, less than 4 hours now!!!

No numbnuts, I’m explaining why we can’t trade for Heatley right now because it won’t fit in with the cap, but with the number of expiring contracts that come off the books at the end of the season and the number of positions that we’re going to need, it will be more possible to make a move like that in the off-season.

There was a quote on TSN or somewhere I saw that the Tampa GM wanted to gauge Shero’s interest in Malone returning and that Shero said no thanks, he made too much money. Supposedly St. Louis was not talked about during the meeting.

Pretty much every trade will be known by 3:30 at the latest. The latest I can remember a trade be announced was like 3:40 or so a couple of years ago when Edmonton traded Ryan Smyth to the Islanders. I think its something like you have to notify the league of the trade by 3:00 but have until 3:30 to actually iron out the details in terms of getting the paperwork signed and faxed and all that stuff.

Also, Brian Burke has come off his trade demands a little bit, coming down from a 1st rounder for Antropov to possibly a 2nd or just a prospect. That makes it a lot more likely that the Pens at least investigate the possibility of him, but I still would shy away from it. He’s a 6’6" slug and I feel we’ve taken enough of them from the Maple Leafs recently

couple small moves. nothing big.
Andy Wozniewski from st.l
and Craig Adams from waivers

and bravada, with the names being thrown around etc, it is still possible to get a big-name winger right now.

Pens, Blues swap minor leaguers Wednesday, 03.04.2009 / 12:15 PM / 2009 Trade Deadline By NHL .com The Pittsburgh Penguins and St. Louis Blues swapped minor-league defenseman Wednesday with the Pens acquiring Andy Wozniewski from St. Louis in exchange for Danny Richmond.

Wozniewski, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound blueliner, had 1 goal and 16 assists in 56 games with the Peoria Rivermen in the American Hockey League. He has 77 games of NHL experience with the Toronto Maple Leafs. The 28-year-old went 2-7-9 in 48 games with the Leafs last season.

Richmond, 24, went 3-14-17 with 108 penalty minutes in 55 games with AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. A former second-round pick of the Carolina Hurricanes (2003), the 6-foot, 194-pounder has three assists and 75 penalty minutes in 49 NHL games with Carolina and the Chicago Blackhawks.

caputi sent to echl for diciplinary reasons. lol. wtf

HuH? Maybe a trip to the NHL elevated Caputi’s ego a little too much

Doesnt pertain to trade deadline

Ovechkin injured at practice Wednesday, 03.04.2009 / 12:44 PM / News By NHL.com Staff Washington Capitals star Alex Ovechkin limped off the ice during practice on Wednesday morning when he was hit in the right foot by a teammate’s shot during a drill.

The Toronto Sun reported that the reigning Hart Trophy winner immediately staggered over to the bench and that his face was clenched in pain as he hobbled off the ice, wearing a skate on his left foot and just a sock on his right.

The extent of the injury isn’t known, but Caps spokesman Nate Ewell told NHL.com it’s “nothing serious – nothing we’re worried about.”

The Capitals, who’ve lost two in a row, host Toronto on Thursday night.

aw pensblog fail :frowning: for a minute at least.

haha, i hope Caputi has a 9 goal game for the Nailers.
its not uncommon to get hit with a shot in practice
pensblog works again

I wouldnt imagine it is, I just saw it on NHL and figured id post it

heard we just got guerin but no other details…dunno if thats cool or not

yup… just read about Guerin, you see what we gave for him?

conditional pick…i think 3rd. not sure yet

a 5th. then a 4th if we make playoffs and a 3rd if we go any farther. i guess its cool that we didnt give anything up, but just weird.

To be honest, I don’t get it either. I don’t really mind giving up a 3rd rounder to at least give this a whirl and see what happens, but a 38 year old winger? I’m not a big fan.

Guess this was why they put Satan on waivers though, to get that money off to bring in Guerin. He was a big bust a couple of years ago when the Sharks traded for him in the playoffs so I’m not holding out a ton of hope here.

only 15 mins left i think were done with the trades. guerin is our new top 6 forward.

this may sound retarded of me… but for the way Satan has been playing since the coaching change, i think id rather have him than Guerrin. i know Guerrin will grind harder, and is a leader (which is great for playoffs) but i just dont know where he will fit in and dont know what to expect from this.

Antropov to rangers for a 2nd round pick…idve rather had that deal

same here

I’m not sure we have a 2nd to trade. I think we gave it up for Hal Gill last year.

Satan has been playing better, but I think he will be a liability once you get into the playoffs. It is so much more physical then and my dogs play rougher with their stuffed animals than Satan does within about 15’ of the boards.

Not over yet guys even though its 3pm. Rumors around that Flyers traded Upshall to PHX for Carcillo to clear cap space to make a move for Jay Boumeester. I’d expect more info in the next 15 minutes or so, should know everything by then.

:rofl: at the Rangers. Kalinen, Dawes, and Prucha for Morris? So they can lose in the 1st round to the Capitals in 5 games in the 1st round? :rofl: