Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

Pretty much me thoughts on both points. I know Sid is going to be insane tonight…the key is Fleury….it wouldn’t hurt if Varlimov had an off night too. :slight_smile:

im thinkin Gonch will play.

losing this series would be killer (although i dont feel that we will lose). i feel like we’ve played well enough to win and its a shame that we are even in this position. agreed that Sid is gonna play his ass off tonight. im super-excited. go pens!

I wish I had that same feeling. I think the pens lose tonight. I hope I am wrong.

The pens have a ton of talent but can’t seem to rattle this goalie. He is pretty much a brick wall and I don’t see that changing.

I keep telling myself that a few months ago we were not even in the playoff race so be thankful we made it this far, it’s not really working though.

i want to shave my beard off.

:eek3:

ya can def see where you are coming from. i mean, we have out-shot them, for the most part out-played them and it just seems like we havent got the bounces (aside from Genos OT goal) or Varlomov makes a killer save. its hard seein the team work so hard and make the right plays but not come up on top. i just hope now that desparation has set in, that the better team wins the game, and i still that would be us.

Just read on the Post Gonchar was fine in the Morning skate…will test it again in warmups tonight! Looking good!

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09133/969768-100.stm

Penguins to make game-time decision on Gonchar
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
WASHINGTON – Defenseman Sergei Gonchar participated in the Penguins’ game-day skate with no apparent problem and will try his injured right knee again during warmups before Game 7 of the Penguins’ second-round playoff series against Washington tonight at 7:08.

Coach Dan Bylsma said Gonchar “has been steadily improving,” and that a decision on whether to dress him will be made after the warmups.

Gonchar worked in his usual spots on the No. 1 power-play unit and a defense pairing with Brooks Orpik at today’s skate.

He was injured during Game 4 of the series Friday in a knee-on-knee hit by Washington left winger Alex Ovechkin and did not dress for Games 5 or 6.

Gonchar did not speak with reporters after today’s skate.

The series is tied, 3-3. The winner of tonight’s game will advance to the Eastern Conference final against the winner of tomorrow night’s Game 7 between Boston and Carolina

To bad the Penguins will lose…

Wow what a first period

x2

I hope they keep it going, complete domination.

Good thing they didn’t bench Adams for Dupuis lol!

4-0 in the 2nd… love it

great game

holy @*%$

didn’t see that coming. I never expected a blowout.

:rofl: hells no… we’ll take it though :smiley:

bring on the BRUINS! i want boston. we own them in the finals and how much better it would be to beat a boston team. both cups we beat the caps and bruins.

Except that we get home ice against the 'caines…

Great game. I can’t say I saw it coming because of the outcome of every game in this series…but just our play in most of the games you can say we were due. Other than us lighting the lamp I will have to say my favorite part of the Game was Ovi trying to lay out Geno and Geno duck and Backstrom get laid out. Typical Ovi hit….10 strides and left his skates…and the elbow was high and looked to hit Backstrom on the chin.

i loved when Sid stole the puck from Ovie when the Caps were on the PK and scored on the break away. Pens did a helluva good job shutting down Ovechkin last night.