OFFICIAL '08 Nissan GTR Thread *now with test results*

so who on here will own one of these first?

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:61,topic:37482"”]

so who on here will own one of these first?

[/quote]

I would have gotten one of the first cars, but not since it’s not going to be offered with 3 pedals. Now I’m just not interested in it.

Good luck getting one of these the first production year…

they are all automatics? wow, that is fucking gay

If I am going to dish out six figures it won’t be for a Nissan.
I will take a slightly used 911 turbo for that money.($94,000+tax etc.)

:lol:

Wait till people see the actual price…I bet 20k over sticker

^Then you might as well get a new 911 turbo.

I’m sorry but, there is no f’ing way people will buy a newly developed Nissan over the legendary Porsche 911 turbo.
Maybe they will all be purchased by racing teams.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:66,topic:37482"”]

:lol:

Wait till people see the actual price…I bet 20k over sticker

[/quote]

God you really hate this car hunh?

I don’t hate the car but that’s just retarded if that really is the pricing.

I don’t hate the car at all…I think its fucking sweet…

There is going to be a very limited number here for a while…and dealerships are going to rape people on the price.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:63,topic:37482"”]

Good luck getting one of these the first production year…

[/quote]

I have a friend who works at the company that can get me one, although I have no interest any more.

I have a friend that can get me AIDS.

looks like a nice ride

[quote=“EvoMR,post:71,topic:37482"”]

I have a friend who works at the company that can get me one, although I have no interest any more.

[/quote]

Well then I guess your one up on all the Infiniti dealerships that are lucky enough to get 1 or 2…

So get one and throw it on Ebay

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:67,topic:37482"”]

^Then you might as well get a new 911 turbo.

I’m sorry but, there is no f’ing way people will buy a newly developed Nissan over the legendary Porsche 911 turbo.
Maybe they will all be purchased by racing teams.

[/quote]

it wouldn’t even have to be a turbo I would take a Carrera over this

Honestly, I dont think that people who want this car will have trouble getting it at all…

Who historically has money…? middle aged to baby boom people!

Who seems to be showing the most intrest in the GTR or just nissans in general…? Middle aged to young people!

So what do we have…? a bunch of stubborn old men who cling on to their big displacement domestics and a bunch of youngins who cant afford the car.

So what do we have left…? Nissan Enthusiasts with money (I dont know of any) and people who respect well built all around cars and value (again they still need money)

Thats just my take… If you want one and have the money, I cant see a wait longer than a month.

A month? :lol:

hahaha

I would love to see production numbers compared to the new Z06 vette…Im sure there are a lot less GTRs being made…and I know people waited hell of a long time for the new vette.

This is going to be a hard car to get the first couple of years…

I cant even put into words how dissapointed I am

Nissan should bite the bullet and sell these for about half (slight exaggeration)of what these numbers look like but, who knows if these numbers are even close to correct.

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:76,topic:37482"”]

Honestly, I dont think that people who want this car will have trouble getting it at all…

Who historically has money…? middle aged to baby boom people!

Who seems to be showing the most intrest in the GTR or just nissans in general…? Middle aged to young people!

So what do we have…? a bunch of stubborn old men who cling on to their big displacement domestics and a bunch of youngins who cant afford the car.

So what do we have left…? Nissan Enthusiasts with money (I dont know of any) and people who respect well built all around cars and value (again they still need money)

Thats just my take… If you want one and have the money, I cant see a wait longer than a month.

[/quote]

middle age to baby boom men where i am from drive porsches mainly, if they have a lot of money, they drive ferraris. very few have z06s. Most can appreciate all different kinds of cars. Just so happens that buffalo is an area where there are lots of GM employees and domestic car guys. Elsewhere in the country these will DEFINITELY sell.

also, many middle aged people buy g35s and 350zs and mod the shit out of them. Alot of them have expensive supercharger kits, exhausts, etc…

If you think about how much people are spending on mods, this car isnt really that expensive