**Official 2008 Buffalo Bills thread**

I cant wait until they win a few and all of a sudden this thread is full of the usual bandwagon fans

werd

I’ll stick with the Bills even if they don’t win a game this season. I’m so glad football is starting again!

Idk…

The short passing is going to be perfect for the average quality of the o-line and the inexperience of Edwards.

And thats when you dont even figure Lynch into the equation.

We will be so solid.

It’s going to be the same problem the Chargers had a few years ago. Great running and short passing game, can’t push the ball downfield. Defenses are going to go 8 in the box, shut down the run, and press the wide receivers on every play. I don’t think Edwards is going to have enough time to take deep shots accurately, particularly without Peters.

quoted for future hilarity.

Hate to agree with you on this. But I kind of do. Seahawks defense is no joke. It’s going to be a good test for Trent’s fast decision making skills.

With the speed of Evans and the height of Hardy… when we need to string it out, the option will be there… its just if Edwards can actually do it. Our short passing will work just like play action but maybe every other set of downs you will catch the D sleeping on a medium to long pass on a first or second down situation.

You watch buster … you just gotsta believe

Agreed

If Edwards can hit the long ball consistently enough to at least make defenses respect the threat, they’ll contend for a wild card. If not, more of the slightly below average dregs this year. Edwards is the first bills QB I’ve liked since they chose johnson over flutie :picard: so I’d like to see him do well, even though I’m a chargers fan.

:picard:

nvmd

LS7’s … ugh you make Football seem soo redneck

:gotme:

this is why…

hater :slight_smile:

how do you know lol.

seattle defense wasnt great last year

their defense gave up on average 101,2 yards per game last season, and this season, they are battleing injuries/suspensions.

The Seattle D gave up an average of 219 passing yards per game last year, and again, the D is battling injuries and suspensions.

word, they are missing a bunch of guys

Well it ultimately comes down to points allowed per game. Seattle = 18.2 which was 7th in the NFL Which IMO is a good defense…

This game unfortunately is going to be on the shoulders of Trent edwards, and his ability to convert that long 3rd and 6 or better. To keep the drive alive, AND THE BILLS OFFENSE ON THE FUCKING FEILD. Something they really sucked balls at doing last year.

The Bills weren’t the 31st defense in the league because the Defense sucked… IT was because they were 28th in time of possession…

thats even with a +9 give/take, which was 6th in the nfl :frowning:

it definitely works out in buffalo’s favor playing them the opening week like this, with all the injuries/suspensions seattle has right now.

Word. If their D can stay off the field maybe we could see some improvement out of them this year.