**Official 2008 Buffalo Bills thread**

Oh hai… More pressure on Trents shoulders…

15.5 1st downs per game… 31st in the NFL… 3rd down conversion percentage… 33 percent… 30th in the NFL… So 1 out of everythree 3rd downs … We’ll actually make it!

:barf:

CONVERT THE DAMN 3rd DOWN!!

Funny story… Bills could have made the playoffs… with a 30th in the NFL PPG :frowning:

heres an idea… lets just wait for sunday :slight_smile:

the Bills are an up and coming team any way you slice it, shit if we could barely miss the playoffs last year with all the injuries and Lostman starting a bunch of games…shit

I am perdicting 10-6 this season and a wild card birth

Now Skunlrape, where would the fun be in that? 10-6 I hope.

such a horrible name BTW…just makes no sense.

but yea…10-6 sounds reasonable.

See… the K is actually an l with the r turned sideways next to it. Skunlrape.

“This poll will close on 09-14-2008 at 01:08 PM”

Week 1 is a freebie, if you wanna wait until after that game to gauge the team.

I’m going to stick with my optimistic guess of 10-6.

9-7 is fair credit IMO. 10-6 is def optimistic to me.

• The offensive line is still not a cohesive unit, particularly missing key pieces.
  • They are not going to be able to give Trent the time that he needs to make good decisions.
  • Trent hasn’t matured to the point where he can throw / force himself out of bad spots - expect some bad interceptions and sacks.
  • Trent, with time, I believe he can pick apart most coverage schemes - but he’s no surgical striker.
  • Lynch will run for 1200 yds on the season, barring injuries. - He will not get into the endzone enough unless he breaks a few big runs. - Marshawn has the vision to manage open field runs, but his line will not always get him to the 2nd level.
  • The recieving corps is still in the better half of the league, but the seperation speed isn’t there.
  • The defense will play above the level that they did last year
  • While we have more speed in the 2ndary, we still need to shutdown short & midrange passing games - we can’t win while letting 5-10 yard pass plays turn into 40yd foot chases.
  • Having the LB corps back up to snuff should cure what problems there were in the run game, we should be able to stop outside runs… but IDK if we can still stuff the middle.
  • Special teams will be really interesting to see, and I think that they will steal us a few games in the form of kick ass returns / field position.

In a nutshell.

fucking negative nancy!

this coming from you?? HA

I would love to have them surprise me. Really I would.

In the end I don’t think we’re going to make the playoffs unless the J E T S implode. Miami is no juggernaut, but they will def be a thorn in the foot. I’ll put $5 on the Pats not making it past the 1st round this year. There, I said it. I really respect the team, but unless Coach really cracked down in the offseason, I expect to see some more of the flaw that we saw last year.

Our BEST chance is a wild card shot (obviously), and we don’t have the overall team work to beat those who we’ll prolly be up against — Chargers, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Jets, Jags (in that order).

It’s waaaaaay too soon to tell that though.

bahah the jets???, miami is rebuilding, they arent going anywhere.

A bottle of ketchup says that the Jets will finish within 1 game of buffalo.

Miami isn’t going anywhere, but I guarantee you that they will give us trouble in the two divisional games… and when you’re talking (at best) a 10-6 season, two more divisioal losses will a PITA.

lol ketchup hahahaha

bitch.

Favre isnt going to make the jets i dont think.

he’s not going to perform miracles. he will absolutely have an impact.

they have a few decent recievers, and a couple guys who aren’t afraid to go over the middle. The offense line leaks like a sieve, but you gotta figure that mentally - if you believe any ideology or romance about the NFL - the line will realize who they are working for and might tighten up enough to give him time to be a viable threat. Thus allowing the running game a tiny bit of breathing room as well.

This is enough for them to max out @ 8-8 IMO.

***** ANGELO CROWELL ON THE IR *******

Out for the season.

Nagging knee got scoped after practice, Coach says hes been placed on the IR.

Ugh… I’ll stick with 9-7, but that is def gonna be a bit of a stretch now.

Wow… this is big… Season has not even started and we already have a LB dropped for the season. Its his contract year too… That Mitchell/Posluszny/Crowell combo was going to be the backbone of our D…

CAN WE PLEASE JUST KEEP 3 HEALTHY LB’S FOR ONE EFFIN SEASON PLLLZZZZZZ!

horrible news. Goodbye defense.

yes, exactly.

they werre talking about Corto now running strong side. :hang:

Consider the corner & safety now handicapped, and you can now kiss our pass coverage good bye.