*OFFICIAL* Buffalo Sabres 2007 Off-Season Thread

Ok, WGR has turned on the phones and every retard in WNY is now fumbling with their phone. Time to flip back to Sirius before I smack my radio with a hammer.

[quote=“JayS,post:158,topic:30906"”]

Darcy did come right out and say, “We’re going to be less competitive next year”.

Doesn’t get much clearer than your GM saying that.

[/quote]

:meh:

So that sums it up.

that was a waste of a half hour

Darcy did come right out and say, “We’re going to be less competitive next year”.

[/quote]

It’s probably true, but like schoep just said, connolly is probably going to be able to replace briere at less than half the price.

SHELDON SOURAY PLEASE

It will be interesting to see Connolly up on the top line.

So long as his head doesn’t break.

rofl what the gay is this guy rambling about

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:164,topic:30906"”]

It’s probably true, but like schoep just said, connolly is probably going to be able to replace briere at less than half the price.

[/quote]

until he takes one last hit

[quote=“RedDawg,post:167,topic:30906"”]

rofl what the gay is this guy rambling about

[/quote]

hahaha, i was wondering the same exact thing.

[quote=“OfficerK,post:168,topic:30906"”]

until he takes one last hit

[/quote]

Well, that’s not really something we should be thinking about right now. He’s on the team for 2 more years at a steal of a price. All they need now is to find a way to make Gaustad a #1 center.

[/quote]

At least with all this money left over in the budget next year, maybe we can get the team some good seats to next years playoffs

well at least i got a nice email right now

FREE PAPA’S SWEETREAT
with the purchase of a Large Two Topping Pizza at regular menu price online. Use the promotion code 70307

watch them sign vanek for one more year, wait till the end of the season when he racks up another 40+ goals then try to get him long term. when are they gonna learn if you dont wanna spend big money give multi year deals before players have break out seasons.

[quote=“slowtalon,post:173,topic:30906"”]

watch them sign vanek for one more year, wait till the end of the season when he racks up another 40+ goals then try to get him long term. when are they gonna learn if you dont wanna spend big money give multi year deals before players have break out seasons.

[/quote]

That would be typical.

[quote=“slowtalon,post:173,topic:30906"”]

[/quote]

They didn’t do that with Max.

?

WOOOO WE SIGNED…

no one yet

For all of you who want Souray.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8460561&tab=crst

5-6 million for ONE good season and a -28?

No effing way. Souray would be the worst move Buffalo could make.

edit- They signed Mair yesterday, at least.

who else are we going to sign?

we have cap room, i want a player

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:177,topic:30906"”]

No effing way. Souray would be the worst move Buffalo could make.

[/quote]

Worse then letting go BOTH captains?

I just hope they don’t sign someone expensive just because they have the money to do so. Souray is not the guy that they need.