OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

The Devils play a “trap” style of defense in the neutral zone, and a lot of teams have a hard time getting around them. For that game, a Sabres forward would skate up to center ice with their stick past the center line, and one of the defenseman would slap a shot into the neutral zone allowing that forward to tip it into NJ’s zone, avoiding the icing call. Then they’d use their speed and forcheck in deep, plus they are making the goalie play the puck. Infortunately Brodeur is very good at playing the puck.

bump for the thrashers

im thinking maybe fuddruckers to watch the game.

hows this one gonna play out?

speaking of the thrashers, i’m going to the sabres game down there in march :smiley:

bump

1-1, sabres looking decent

please lord not another repeat of the devils game

Our first power play was nice, as well as our most recent

but between those, we had a couple wasted ones. the whole point of cycling the puck on a power play is to draw them out of position, or to a position to leave one of our guys open. we were cycling very slowly, or just playing “catch-up” to avoid their defense. When we’re on, our team has GREAT passing, and we havent been doing it on the power play for a long time. we were 23rd in efficiency on our power play

but we took advantage of 2 of our pp’s, and all these pp’s are just experience for our special teams, so this is all good!

3-2 nice one briere!

BRIERE!!!

3 power play goals, who the fuck are these guys

lol

that Vanek penalty (that resulted in atlantas 3rd) was bullshit!

COOKIE MONSTER FTW

hahahahahaha

SHOOTOUT PERFECTION, 2 AND OUT BIATCH

why was lorentz surprised with that shootout selection? As much as I hate to say it, he was right earlier about finny not producing like he often does, and kotalik briere and vanek have all done it for us in the shootout in the past

my prediction was Briere Vanek Kotalik, so just switching the last two didnt surprise me too me, but I guess it did to Jim

Yeah as much as i like max, being that hes my favorite player, he has not been getting the puck to the net lately at all , ohh well hopefully he’ll have a big goal or two against the shitty ass senators tomm.

lol @ the shitty senators comment

we need to kick ottawa’s ass, its gonna be tough right after an away game, and considering our record with them

i forsee us playing biron tomorrow. miller was great tonight, he was amazing in the OT, and hte shootout, but lindy’s been resting miller when needed lately

Getting outshot and getting MORE than doubled up are two very different things.

Guess I’ll keep my hat out of Briere’s driveway for now. :stuck_out_tongue:

He was suprised at Atlanta’s lineup, with no Kovalchuk.

That hasn’t been a rare occurence this year at all. Especially in the beginning of the season.

i wish the sabres would win more games flat out, rather than 9/10 going into ot AND shootouts… yea we might win most of them, but at that level of play we only “might” make it to the stanley cup…