OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

this is the best new ever for a Sabres fan. What you’ll get after beating the Rangers is either a ottawa or NJ team thats physically beat.

I too believe that the Rangers got lucky because of poor coaching with the goaltender decisions that were made. I am also glad that Ottawa and NJ can beat the piss out of each other for 7 games and then the Sabres get to play the winner. I think the Sabres can play better than they have (all due respect to the Islanders) and we will probably see it this next series.

hardly, especially since weekes was in net for a couple of those

i went to both rangers games at home and to me the team looked completely flat. if the rangers are going to move on, i think avery is the guy as he gives the strangers a “tough guy”, and his impact was very apparent in their last portion of the season.

but, i see a similar progression to the islanders series…we’ll either split at home or in MSG, but win in 5 at home…i don’t see lundqvist winning a series for them here since he was fairly untested by atlanta. once buffalo is under jagrs skin, hes useless and then we pwn :slight_smile:

and i’d also love to be able to exclaim that buffalo is the superior team in new york state after vanquishing those other new york teams in two rounds :stuck_out_tongue:

who on the sabres is gonna rough up jagr besides zubrus or mair? i think the sabres are gonna advance too but jagr is a big guy and not easy to push around.

read the repots gaustad is likely to be back if this series is extended past 5 games thus im pretty sure he can jagr around at will espically if he on a fourth line with mair to be enforcers

I still think it’s amazing that Gaustad can come back…

What reports are saying that?

This is from today.
http://wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2334

“We’ll find a place for him when he’s ready,” Ruff said, “but I don’t expect him in the near future.”

Weekes was in for 3 of them. Even then, 1 of the games went into a shootout and 1 was an OT win I believe. According to pretty much every Rangers fan, Avery seems to be quite the player on that team. Just watching what he did to Kovalchuk was pretty funny, but he’s a bitch with a short fuse.

Jagr seems to be thrown off his game when fans boo him. Now I usually think unnecessary booing is pretty gay, but in this case, boo the piss out of him every time he touches the puck. Jagr can control a game if he wants to.

averys stats have been through the roof in the last month…hes something like +8 in the playoffs…finished that last stretch of games with like 3-5 goals and +6…which is amazing for a “goon”

jagr gets rattled beyond easily…one call goes against him and whines like sid the kid…once he’s rattled, its over and he does nothing lol

and also, i do NOT want to see gaustad come back yet…IMO there is not a place for him at this time. each line seems to clicking extremely well…even suck-a-lik has come to fruition the past couple games playing back with timmy c. i’d say the only spot for goose would be on the top line with drury and zuuuuuuubrus, but fuck stafford has played so well, its tough to send him back down :frowning:

^ Goose has the gritty play of Mair, but with more skill, so I think he’d find a good home on the 4th line with Timmy and Al.

Jagr is not a threat to Buffalo. It takes NOTHING to throw him off his game. Light body checks rattle him and make him weary.

The Rangers don’t worry me as long as Buffalo shows up more this series than they did against the other New York team.

When does the series start?

^ hasn’t been announced, other than NBC saying they are carrying game 2, Saturday, at 3pm. Finally get to see some HD sabres.

:headbang:

well if game 2 is saturday doesnt that mean that game 1 would be thursday?

^ You never know. The NBC tv schedule can really fuck things up. Look at Detroit and Calgary playing Saturday and Sunday, in Detroit then in Calgary.

according to certain people on this forum who work with the team, game 1 is thursday night

Theres still a small chance of it being Wed…but doubtful

I guess there is a conflict with nascar on sunday.

I heard it during one of the games on vs, but i could be wrong, that being said when connelly was ready to go ruff said he didnt think he would play this year so you never know