OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

im so pumped for hockey season i got my season tickets durin the playoffs last year i cant wait for them to kill the leafs again this year :whip:

A fourth line of novotney paille and gausted would be pretty solid!!!

AGAIN, it’s pre-season.

:word: just think of how good the sabres are gonna be when they get warmed up!!!

hehe just playin

The leafs didnt start a few of their top guns like peca, but the majority of their lineup was in.

Pre season hockey is way easier than football to gauge how a team is going to do during the regular season. Either way, im pretty damn impressed that 10 players got at least 1 point last night.

The new look is meh…I am not at all a fan of the white jersey…it needs something else…the logo looks tiny like a bar league team.

Puh puh puh puh Paetsh!!

1-0 buff against CBJ

although nhl.com is saying it was hecht so idk.

edit#50- Yeah, it was hecht with the assist from paetsh.

Btw, I think the new logo looks like a furry hamster
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/libtch151/sabshamster.jpg

awww Id take the furry hampster or the slug

Damnit. I wanted to go.

aww what a cute lil guy. is that the one you pulled out of me the other night? still it would be an improvement over the current logo :bloated:

But seriously I dont think I can remember ever being so excited for a buffalo sports team’s season to start, not even the bills back in the 90s.

wtf, no mike ryan tonight :mad:

in a comparison to last night, columbus played ALL their starters, which is pretty odd for (i think) their first preseason game, whereas buffalo is still only playing 2 “normal lines”, at very minimal ice time at that

btw, briere is hurt already with a hip flexor injury…and apparently fedorov got FUCKED UP bad in the second…

Ruff said it was a mild hip flexor injury and hes not too worried about it. I read some of the CBJ forums and it sounded like none of their defense were starters, or at least very few of them. Either way, their goalie sounded like he made some really nice saves and our D was thin tonight.

for the vanek haters: hat trick last night for the up and comer :tup:

fwiw, denis hamel, our former protege, also had a hat trick against us playing for ottawa…

I really hope Vanek has a breakout year, but he did the same thing last year during the pre season. No hattrick, but he played really well. He had a break away chance in tonights game against pitt, but was stopped. It does seem like he has his shit together.

i think ruff benching him in the playoffs might actually have some sort of impact…

87fox and i were actually just talking about this today. he got lazy at the end of the season/playoffs, ruff benched the shit out of him and now he seems to be working really hard.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nRmHe_0X5eI
highlights from last nights game in pittsburgh. afinogenov at ~30 seconds into the clip = godly.

So who is going to the game tonight? (9/30)
I know myself, 87fox, audios and rubicant will be there. Who else?

:wave:

306, row 1 boiiiiiiiiii

cobblestone afterwards?

disregard the number in the other thread, i just saw this. i might be down for something after. but i have to wake up early tomorrow for the bills game and me + drinking + waking up early = diarhhea for 3 hours in the am.

afinogenov = god

this WILL be his season