~*OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread*~

i do, we’re a better team and carolina can’t score unless lydman puts it in our own net for them…except for brindamours goal of gods…seriously, that was the nicest goal ive seen in the playoffs…absolutely perfect shot

but yea, carolina can’t content with our style of hockey.

sabres in 4…MAYBE 5 if carolina steals one…

everyone’s entitled to their own opinions i guess

feel free to quote that once its proven wrong :shrug:

im just saying you cant really judge things based on only one game. look at what happened to san jose after leading their series against EDM 2-0.

in regards to the edmonton series, see my post in that thread. edmonton doesn’t lose in the skyreach center…quite possibly the loudest and rowdiest fans ever. but, i do understand yours and jons point of it being too early to determine the series yet. BUT, after seeing carolina go “all out” against us in the last game of the season (yes, we went to RBC center to see it), we absolutely outplayed them while they were trying to get the top seed in the east. today, we did it again, aside from maybe 5 or 10 minutes of letdown including that last powerplay when we tried to show our defensive shell way too soon. after the last two games, i legitamately don’t see carolina pulling out a win against us, unless they steal game two at home from us. but thats my 2 cents…take it as you will (or won’t)

I have to disagree with you on this one… after we got that goal in the first, I thought did pretty damn good. So except for the first part of the first, I thought we showed the Nation that we are for real.

EDIT

This is from espn.com… pretty sweet.

6) Which team will win the Stanley Cup?
49.7%Sabres22.2%Hurricanes14.9%Oilers13.3%Mighty Ducks
Total Votes: 7,204

I didn’t say they played bad. Don’t get me wrong. They had some very strong shifts. But there were a lot of times spent on the edge of my seat due to a bad giveaway, or a missed pass, or a blown clearing pass, or poor recieving of the pass. No forecheck either.

They gave Carolina a lot of opportunities to go ahead. Miller was there though. He played a phenomanal game for us.

1st period had me quite concerned. 2nd they came out and played much better. I expect to see a MUCH cleaner and much better team on Monday.

And most importantly, I didn’t say they played a bad game. I simply was saying they didn’t play as good of a game as they are capable of.

You make a good point… :tup: I’m still not used to these close games!! You would think with so many close game one after another we’d be used to them. My heart jumped a few times… thank god for Miller.

fetter, update your sig bro :tup:

Done! Good catch!

For anyone that wants to look at stats through out the series, I just started working on my own website and decided to start with Sabres stuff. It is in it’s infancy and will grow when I have more and more time to work on it. I’m using Dreamweaver so it can only get better than what you see, I just haven’t had alot of time to sit and get it how I want it.

http://www.betterwithfetter.com/Carolina.html if you really want to see stats.

Not that I wanna be picky or nuthin’, :smiley:

…but aren’t we playing Carolina? :roll2: you should add injury reports to your sig :tup:

bump for tonight.

Stop bumping this thread while I’m at work, it’s hard enough concentrating on work.

It doesn’t help that I’m on a conference call with some guy in India doing an online ATM certification. My days don’t get much more boring than this. Sitting here watching socket data and waiting for an error to pop up in my program. Yay. Just keep thinking about the game tonight. I think I’ll go watch “relentless” again. :slight_smile:

So i have been working no-stop from friday night till monday, i had been home for about a total of 16 hours for sleep ony. Our office moved to a new location and needed us there all that time. Im beat, what does this have to do with the sabres??

Our reward for busting our asses for the whole weekend is we get the bosses tickets to the game in our suite!!! I am so fucking psyched! I coulden’t afford to go to a game for the playoffs and this was such a great reward for all this hard work.

THE GAME IS ON INHD2 ADELPHIA! HD HOCKEY > *

man does OLN’s camera work suck! it seemed to take them 5 minutes to finally pan over to see the goal. LET’S GO SABRES!!!

what channel is that?

yea i mentioned this b4. they’re atrocious. in this 2nd period, they were away from the puck a repeated amount of times

fawk fawk fawk fawk there losing!!!

we’re being outplayed BAD! :frowning:

These refs BLOW, wtf are they seeing the same game i see?