OFFICIAL Forza 4 Thread

I just switched to all assists off (but I don’t use Manual with clutch - just manual). I intially had everything off, automatic, and TCS on.

The cars are definitely more of a handful now. This game is epicly fun though. Way better in playability than FM3. I got bored of racing on that game after about 3 days. I can’t wait to get home to play this game though and it’s been almost a week.

ABS STAYS ON

While I keep ABS on, Singh dominates with it off.

I’ve noticed that without the assists you can get faster lap times. While it’s nowhere near as consistant as having them on, it helps make the shifting faster (with manual clutch), brake later, turn smoother etc.

No ABS ftw.

You definitely drive better once you get used to everything being off. The beauty of manual is that you can shift later which means you squeeze everything possible out of the car.

Right now I’m using a Ferrari 458 which is S700 and is just WALKING every car in it’s class (Reventon, other 458’s, Murcielago’s, Aston’s, etc.). On the straights, they can’t keep up and in the turns I can out manuever them. Great car, although a little twitchy without assists. I had a crazy awesome save from a spinout the other night.

Man work sucks…wish I could be playing right now.

The only assist i use is abs

Just don’t mash on the brake and only put down like 75% and you’ll be fine. Takes some getting used to but once you get used to doing it that way, it’s a breeze.

Yea i played forza3 with out abs a bunch of times i just like it better with abs for now

Also, IIRC, you can tune your brake bias or something like that to only allow 90% power to the breaks which will in effect act as your ABS if you mash on the break…I think one of the guys I play with told me that on FM3.

Can anyone confirm?

yea 90% was common for trying to switch off driving with abs I race with abs but turn the bias to 48% front and the preshure up to 110-115% witch makes a huge difference. I can play well with abs off but i choose to play with it

I sometimes put TC on for the high power RWD cars… I’m too aggressive to just “feather the throttle”.

Anyone getting on tonight? I just got out of work, Just relaxing now. My xbox was on so I’m assuming my brother was playing a little Forza, Hopefully he didnt spend my money I’m at like 5,000,000 right now. Those rival races get you CASH!

I’ll be on after the Jets game. Possibly before. I’m going to take a nice long nap though right now cause I went into work an hour earlier today and worked till my normal time. Going to bed at 2am last night didn’t help.

I hear ya I went to bed at like 1 and woke up at 5 for work. I’ll have the other TV on the football game to keep myself updated. BTW I picked the Jets tonight so they better get their shit together.

I think they will. The last 3 games, all loses, were on the road in tough environments (Oakland and their black hole or what not, Baltimore - great team, and NE - nuff said).

Abs off. People just need to learn to brake lightly and downshift at the same time. Not very difficult lol.

Chad and i were just farting around with this one hot lap and this is the result:

Dont think that can be replicated if asked to haha

its so funny because when i turned TCS and ABS on, i was doing SOOOO badly…

but your driving style fits the assits perfect…

if i drove like you with my assists off, there is no way in hell i’de stay on track.

you’ve pulled some turns/drifts in cars that i found really amazing

why turn abs off if the car has it in real life?

yeah i dont know i think it depends on the car weight and the brakes… sounds like it would work but i dont think it will knowing how the game works… i could be wrong tho.

You just need to know how to use the brakes right

also if you brake smoothly and consistantly, then turning the bias to have a bit more power in the rear , to almost 60% up front and 40 out back… you will stop HELLA FASTER… but you also risk loosing control if you are breaking and turning (shouldnt do that anyways)

then you increase the brake pressure up to 120ish depending on the car

I turned assists (only manual though, not w/ clutch) off for one of the hot laps and legit did consistent 1sec faster times than my previous best. Once you get used to it, you can modulate better and it helps turn in a ton because ABS isn’t kicking in the entire time you’re turning in.

Now hold the hot lap record on Tsukuba for Shifters. Also in top 1% of the world, I think ~501 or so overall.

one of my guys is in a few 1% records too, the game is so early right now tho i guess its not a big deal. we were no. 40 on drag racing A class with 60’s mustang the first night haha