Official NHL Trade deadline thread

1. Wrong.

2. Look toward the future my friend. He was a first rd pick a few years ago, and he is a physical presence who does have a touch of scoring ability. He could be a nice player in a year or two, and we got a 1st rd pick with him.

I’d rather get potential for soupy than NOTHING AGAIN.

a good player > potential > nothing.

ANYTHING > nothing

1 hour to go

Sorry but this trade didn’t help the team at all. Maybe in the long term but it seems buffalo only ever thinks about long term.

Wow. He’s got 9 goals so far this year. Almost $1,000,000 per goal anyone? What a bargain.:bloated::bloated::bloated:

yea I guess it’s more long term thinking for the sabres.

Less than a hour too go!!!

So in your world, it would make more sense for the team in 9th in the conference to hang onto a player who is obviously going to go the way of McKee, Grier, Drury and Briere, than to get help for next season?

I don’t know if you’ve been paying attention, but out AHL team is pretty depleted, we need draft picks, and we need young promising players more than we needed to give Brian $6-7 million per year. Lest we forget that a huge part of our roster (including Miller) need to be resigned in the next 2 years.

And it should be. If we’re realistic, we aren’t getting out of the 2nd round this year…and that’s assuming we make the playoffs.

We have 9 wins in conference against teama ahead of us all year. How are we going to take 4 of 7 from any of them (except maybe the Southeast division winner, but that’s assuming we make it to 6th place).

i dont see where your logic comes from that

1. campbell wanted long term deal, buffalo wasnt going to do it…even campbell said he knew he was going to be traded, quinn reiterated it in the post-game last night

2. with that in mind, do the sabres sit idly, let campbell stay the season, and then watch him leave for NOTHING in the offseason, or

3. send him out west (so we don’t have to play against him save once during the season and in the miracle we make a cup finals again) and get a former first round pick who is actually a physical presence, much like zubrus, AND a first round pick…which in theory could end up worse than our own position anyways lol

so yet again

something > nothing

and something will help our team, rather than nothing

I dont think people are disputing the fact that they traded him. They’re disputing that we got no present value in return. They are operating as permanently a “young team with potential.” Once the potential is reached, they go somewhere else and are replaced with another round of young scrubs on the rise.

sabres are a developmental team…an NHL caliber AHL team if you will lol

no trades in over 1/2 an hour…wtf, i took off work for this???

I feel bad for anyone who bought season tix before the drury/briere fiasco.

LOL

slacker

Anyone that takes off work for the fucking trade deadline is fucking retarded.

ehhh I would rather have Campbell around for the next few months playing for us then what we got. Who knows in that time, they would have reached a deal then too you know?

then call me retarded…?

i don’t see the problem in taking a day off for something thats similar to christmas eve for TRUE hockey fans…plus most sites are blocked at my work, so i would have been glued to my phone for the day…i find sitting at home much more productive than that

second, who the fuck are you to call me retarded? do i even know you? do you even know what i do for a living?

Alot of people do. Most of Canada actually.

waiting for shots to be thrown at Canadians

Really though, this is like Christmas in February for hockey fans.