Official NHL Trade deadline thread

replaced sure, but not this late in the season…you send armstrong and christensen, who are solid 2nd-3rd line forwards for a 1st line winger. christensen was doing well centering the 3rd line behind malkin but has moved up the depth with sid out…now they will have a problem losing two power forwards i think. dupuis helps, but the real debate is if hossa can show up THAT MUCH MORE on the top line to offset the other losses

hossa playing with malkin for now and with sid the kid later is a scary fucking thought for the east…

hahaha… im only worried how well theyll all mesh together…

malkins been good… but hes been ON FIRE since it pretty much became his team when sid went down… thats my only worry

Chris Simon to minnesota for 6th round pick.

Yeah pitt looks to be pretty strong…

I like the moves for Washington. Picked up some good people with Huet and Federov.

Chris Simon to the Wild

edit: damnit mike

hey man… i called that 10 min before the deadline did i not??

its all good… you guys got…ummmmmm…well…theres that…no wait… well at least you guys wont be having to worry bout those long playoff schedules

so pitt gets hal gill, hossa, and dupuis at the very end

with gills mega contract and hossa due up for mega-money at the end of the season, i doubt both of them return for next season

but who cares about next season when your team is on FIRE without your superstar…

i think pitt just became the biggest threat in the east…

Kings D Brad Stewart to Detroit for 2nd and 4th round picks.

note

who cares lol

nah, the Leafs are. Did you see all the great moves they made :roll:

brad stuart? formerly of san jose?

thats a solid pickup for detroit…another solid blue-liner…wonder if that means lidstrom will be out longer than initially thought…

WTF why would anyone want that asshole

they did great, sent away the only defensive “talent” they had in exchange for nothing

they did however get someone to take hal gill, that gets some credit in my book, b/c he’s flat out worthless lol

no black people in minesota??

lol, the rich get richer and the poor dump salary

werd thats all he was ever good for. armstrong on the other hand is a huge loss imo, he played awesome with roberts last year in the playoffs. that line got probably 75% of the points against ottawa in that series.

hossa/malkin/sykora. crosby and roberts when they return…thats pretty siqqqqq tho, so hopefully its for the better.

keep malone/malkin/sykora together, theyre holding it down and malkin seems to do better without crosby. the crosby stall hossa line.

thats b/c he gets a ton more ice-time and better line mates lol

Isles Bergeron to ducks for 3rd round pick.

LOL

so much for brian burke sucking himself off saying “we’re set with the team we have”

is pronger going to be out for a bit? he took a nasty shot last night…

bergeron is a good pickup for anyones blue line…why the FUCK couldn’t buffalo make a run for him with ONE of their upcoming two first round picks as bait

FUCK

He’s saving them to package for bob corkum.