«OFFICIAL» NYSpeed / OSYN Track Days! [Next: Sat, Aug 22nd] LAST ONE IN '09!?

Cassie, if you see that next time tell Mike or myself and we’ll be happy to rip off their non-helmeted heads :wink:

How much is renting a helmet? And any requirements as far as cars go?

Helmets are $10 I think…? I honestly can’t remember. All info about any requirements can be found in the handbook link in the first post. It’s mostly basic safety stuff :tup:

I’m probably in… need to install suspension, rear end, etc.

Awesome, I really want to rip the turbo off my car sell it and get in on this track stuff. I might make it out to one of these this year. It looks bad ass as hell.

OOohh the leaderboard, nothing like a little competition to liven things up

My goal for this year is a 1:14

Post your goals

Edit: hehe my 330i (1:19.5) was faster than a GT3 and a 335

you, not your 330i were faster than a 335 and gt3 :slight_smile:

I might show up to this one as well… see how many of these “winter projects” I can squeeze out by then.

The one I went to last year was a blast! =)

I will be at a couple of events this year

I’m going to at least one track day this year… but it probably wont be this one. Too close to babies time.

Just a heads up, there are going to be drastically fewer track days this year (think Year 1 in terms of like 3). Due to turnout last year.

^^ I’ve been trying to secretly deny that in my head :frowning: Makes me depressed, but I can certainly understand why.

completely understandable, even if it’s a damn shame - it’d be stupid for Josh to piss money away (I doubt he’s making a profit as i is) on near-empty days.

besides it means Mike and I can rent it ourselves some time :wink: BWAHAHAHA

Your sig is obnoxiously huge

Wait 'till one of the mods wakes up tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll be taken care of since it’s against sig rules (thank goodness).

It must be taken care of at this point, Silver what are your plans for the BMW?

Track the shit out of, like my previous cars. Either picking up some NT01’s, V710s or Pilot Sport Cups to fit a set of 17x8" Rota Torques that I got off e46fanatics.com for $400 incl shipping. Carry my own tires in my own car for once… very excited about that. Getting some KW V2’s to swap in eventually, doubt it will be by the first track day. Would like to get an exhaust on at the same time, but they are a little pricier than I care for at this point. Doubt I’m going to beat any of my lap times from the Boxster, but I’m no where near skilled enough yet to say it’s the car holding me back. Specifically looking to improve on my trailbraking skills, or at least be more aware of when I’m doing it/when I should be doing it. Can’t wait to get the bmw out on the track to really see how she likes it… hope she loves it as much as the Boxster did. Every highway offramp makes me curse winter weather.

Edit: Wow, could I be any more ramble-y today?

i’m def going to try to make it out to this. i’m a track newb and all but it will give someone a chance to teach me some stuff.

^^F bod convention… I was hoping an Fbod owner would step up, I want shockwave to be there, he can help us both

Silver, those mods will really sharpen the car, I think it should get close to the boxster, hopefully you wont be much behind the boxster in the brake department

The bimmer wont be anywhere near the boxster in power, weight, setup, tire, or brakes. It’s a great car, but the Boxster is leaps and bounds a faster car.