«OFFICIAL» NYSpeed / OSYN Track Days! [Next: Sat, Aug 22nd] LAST ONE IN '09!?

Well judging by my stock 330 (more power) being 2-3 seconds behind Cassie’s boxster times, I am thinking she should be close with said mods

Yep, I’m well aware, which is why I said I doubt I’d beat it. But that’s why I’ll be working more on technical skill as opposed to faster lap times. It’s easier to be fast in a high hp car, than to be a good driver in one. I need to make sure I remember driver first.

I’ll try to pull fast laps in Dave’s car so hopefully I can stay up on the laptime leaderboard.

3 seconds on a 1:15 track is huge… just saying.

lol… Cassie I know you’re aware. We’ve had this discussion! :wink:

Pat, lots of people around to help you! Try and grab rides with those who have been there before first thing to help learn the track.

That being said, I’m pumped for spring!

Not trying to be an ass, but how many times have you been to Dunnville? Curious to find kind of a “benchmark” time for me to compare to at the first event. And then reach it, let Mike drive my car, get 4 seconds faster and feel depressed and then angry and hate him for a few hours :frowning:

Hahahha <3

i’ll grab a ride with you flogging my bitch!

my SHO has had a lot of suspension work over winter (some still in progress), so it should be a monster in the handling dept.

edit: I’m definately in for this.

I’m most likely IN with the new hotness…already bought an H&R cup kit LOL.

Twice, first driving Badnews’ EVO, second time my 330i sedan sport package (I made my own inake& had stock exhaust with magnaflow muffler, so not “stock”). I could swear I hit a 1:18 during the first time trial on August 31st, because i thought I was 1.5 seconds behind you and ILC at 1:17, but the leader board thread on onyxsyn shows a 1:19.46

The biggest limiting factor with my car was the 225 front tires (MichPilotSport), the stock suspension, and the brakes going away

Im surprised you got that fast with those brakes, Dan (ILC) was giving it all he had in the M3 but the brakes where getting pretty scary and he was only able to pull off a best of 1:16.9, Im quite surprised you where only a second or so behind in the 330i :tup:

yeah the brake fade owns, I went off into the grass at the end of the straight in that Time Trial. Going 100, need the brakes, NO BRAKES! That was scary, especially so in the nicest car I ever owned.

Dan mentioned he is getting new tires and pads, the E46’s understeer pretty good on stock suspension with a staggered wheel/tire setup

Pretty excited for spring, this year I will bring my Fbod, with mild suspension, azenis rt615’s in front, and Carbotech track pads

Bing, I’m gonna come at you like a spider monkey (taledaga nights)

I need a car.

I plan on doing this.
Even if I end up there on stock suspension and all seasons…
I won’t track the gti if I still have it…I better not still have it.

I still cant believe your going to run that mullet mobile around there LOL that will truly be interesting HaHa GL this season man.

I think it rules.
A part of me would love to track one and I might be asking for rides…

HAHA Personally I don think id ever go that far, but it will be a sight to see for sure.

I really wish you would stop posting. There are plenty of people who track f-bods and do very well with them. Sorry that in your ignorance you find this so hard to comprehend. My old f-bod with full adj suspension would out handle my M5 any day of the week.

Fbods are extremely fun to track, I see them out often. There is a guy with a nicely restored 2nd gen on Hoosiers that I see frequently at Nelson ledges. I tinkered with a stripped 1st gen on coilovers with an LS1 for awhile as a gimick fun/weekend car.

Looks just like that except I think it’s got more black and less chrome.

I love tracking fbods they are extremely fun to drive!

But hey, ignorance :tup:

Maybe you should just fucking stop. There was absolutely no ignorance in that post what so ever, I made no handling or performance comparisons at all, “I” wouldn’t track it because i dont like it, that has nothing to do with its performance or my so called “conception” of its performance. Alright sorry, back on topic please.