*Official* Shredd & Reagan Cruise Night Thread

Install a manual lockup switch, simple to do. Not sure about the picnic, first ive heard about it lol, ill probably show up tho.

Yeah, I installed one. After it bogged, I switched it off, then the boost came right back up. I’ll just switch it on after 85mph from now on…

I was told the lock up will give you a better time because the converter doesn’t slip, the only concern is that using the lockup will burn up the clutch or clutches over time. I use lock up in overdrive just to cruise on the thruway. I was going to get a multi disc converter, but the guy from Precision told me it won’t last long using the lockup when I’m racing. Have you heard of the clutches burning up?

Yes, in time it will take out the clutches. I had almost 120 runs when I had mine rebuilt & builder said clutches were not shot yet but getting close. That’s why you shouldnt lock up untill around 85mph because the load is way less than in 1st or 2nd. On the 200-r-4 tranny, they say to lock it at the line (no fluid path in 1st gear, so won’t lock) & when the tranny shifts to 2nd, the converter will lock. I was told it would knock .2 off my 1/4 time & add 3 mph. I tried that but the rpms dropped so much I lost most of my boost & slowed way down. With the power your car has & no turbo, I bet you’d knock off at least .2 in the 1/4 & add several mph. Or lock it @ the big end of the track first just to see if it helps.

Weather might hold out for tonight.
Classic Import night…

I was going to bring the 69 again, but the 700r4 shit the bed and I have no 2nd or 4th gear :frowning: grumble grumble

But I’ll still be up there.

damn… I really want to go today, but got other priorities. decisions decisions

bring it to the picnic, im sure someone there will figure it out. i used to race in D and had the chip lock it up

Eric alchy chip locked up at 85

maybe you and my father can swap converters lol he hates the 9/11

Im in if the rain holds out. Hoping something like a Datsun will win or any kind of classic import instead of some stupid riced out Honda or a brand new GTR.

im in for seeing pathetic wanna be tuner cars, hopefully the rain holds off. i really would like to see some nice imports for a change and not some garbage.

I’m down to take down fat can cars with the 5.0

Im planning on going tonight, hopefully no rain

I might be there tonight with the new evo if the weather holds up

i’m gonna bring the stang up to make a pass on juice and see what it does…

weather looks bad for tonight, my gf’s father was going to drag his blakbird too

its getting dark FAST

u on the east side?

lol

maybe it will clear up

its raining by the airport

yea, raining pretty hard here in lancaster

Its gonna be boat night!