Official Skiing/Snowboarding Meet Thread Winter 06-07!!

figured, by the time i decided i wanted to go it was already like 5pm… i wanna go either wed, thurs, or fri, i only work till 5 those days… whos down

IT IS DUMPIN LIKE A MO FO IN SKI COUNTRY RIGHT NOW!!!

I am in springville and it is 15 degrees and snowing huge.
There should be good pow tonight.
Maybe enough for an avalanche on The Wall.:biglaugh:

im prolly gonna go on wednesday. if anyone wants to go, let me know

Ohhh man. I know. I was at Kissing Bridge from 9-10:30 and there was a fresh 2 inches on my car in that amount of time.

Came home, grabbed some lunch quick, and am heading back out there.

cough Cough

I just can’t sem to fight this cold though and just had to take a day off to get over it.

Lol.

looks like ill be goin on saturday and sunday with a few friends… anyone wants to meet up let me know

KB was splended tonight. More than a foot of untouched powder on the (closed) trails I stuck to and a little less powder on the rest.

definitely going out this friday!!!

OT: While trying to learn nosepresses tonight, I thought “This would be so much easier if my board had a softer flex, but I would be trading pop and stability.” Then I had some sort of epiphany (I’m sure others probably have had the same one…), it went something like “Why aren’t there variable flex snowboards out there?”

If a quality deck’s flex could be adjusted, say…by a knob between the bindings, how awesome of a product would that be? They could call it something stupid and catchy like “Variflex Technology,” combine it with Magnatraction, and it would really be something.

Burton prices some of their decks close to a grand. How much could one price this for?

If it’s been done, I just haven’t seen it. I’m still quite new to the game.
If it hasn’t, Lafengas - help me develop the technology, Coldaccord - take care of the rest of the board design/demoing/marketing. I’m sure we’ll make a little lot of loot.

Go.

I don’t think that would really be feasible. Stiffness all depends on the milling and type of wood used, or if any fiberglass or carbon fiber stringers are embedded in the core.

There is one ski out on the market that has got the best of both worlds. somewhat stiff overall flex for all-around riding and stability. But halfway from binders to tip or tail the wood is milled a bit thinner allowing a flex point for buttery goodness.

Line Invader is the ski.

Feasible, probably not. Possible, definately.

Anyone going to HV tonight?

im sure that u could put some sort of rebar type enforcement in the core and maybe if u could adjust the tension of the rebar u could alter the stiffness?

that was just a quick 10 second thought.

whos riding tonight? im going with Zong, anyone wanna meet up?

anyone wanna go boarding today? lookin to leave around 3pm ish

ill be up at holiday around 3

<--------- Be there 6-10

im goin up thursday night at like 430…holiday valley

heading out to holiday around 2:30 if anyones interested

heading out tomorrow to ride at HV at night…

i can go up thursday nights/fridays nights… im gonna head up soon.

might go to hv on wednesday

I am probably going too!!