«OFFICIAL» Watercraft / Jet Ski / PWC Thread + Boats

@JayS yeah I often don’t think in terms of boats but I’m terms of jet skis, lol.

Speaking of jet skis, I’ve sold mine because I now have access to a lake besides Lake Erie. This lake has a 10hp limit so I couldn’t use them there anyway. However now I’m in the market for an electric jet board. :rocket:

I really want an e-foil but can’t justify $12k on it.

If you find a cheap Chinese knockoff alternative that doesn’t instantly catch fire let me know.

Mercury, the Chrysler Hellcat of the seas. There must not be GHG regulations on boats?

1 Like

@JayS yeah foils are silly money. This is what I’m peepin’

https://www.radinn.com/

I especially like that it has a wireless controller and isn’t a wired tether like jet surf.

t07v21kgp8p61

This is a good place to revive the “put it in reverse Terry” meme.

I have shipped equipment all the way around south America just to avoid the Panama canal. I don’t like super expensive bottlenecks.

How bout that Keystone pipeline. ROI must be going up every hour.

1 Like

tenor

So with my jetskis sold, I’ve been picking up other water toys to fill the void. I now have 2 kayaks, a free canoe that needs some work, and this:

3 Likes

All of these things sound like a HUGE downgrade from a jet ski.

“I traded in banging supermodels for being gay.”

5 Likes

Lol. Escaping the all that is man thread right there. :stuck_out_tongue:

It does look like something the kids would like to play with though. More so when you end up on a lake with no power toys allowed.

2 Likes

Probably getting the boat out for the first time this year tomorrow. Just a quick run and see if the spring bass bite is on yet and make sure everything is running right.

Don’t forget if you’re heading out before 5/1 and your boat is less than 21’ you have to wear a PFD at all times. NY changed that law a couple years ago making life jackets mandatory from 11/1 to 5/1 on any vessel under 21’.

If you fall out of a 20’ boat in cold water without a life jack you die, but if you fall out of my 21’ boat in the same cold water without a life jacket you’re fine. #NYLogic

2 Likes

10hp and under is the limit on our lake. At first I thought it might suck, but now I can see there are advantages. Especially having kids out there.

I’d definitely be the asshole custom building the smallest boat I could capable of floating me and a 10hp outboard just so I could still rip around.

Built for a 15 or 20, but I bet a 10 would still move it pretty good.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found “Cocktail Class Boat Racing”

They’re doing that on 8HP motors!

2 Likes

15-20hp would make that probably so much fun.

@jays damn you, lol. My neighbors would HATE me.

I’d probably be building one of those cocktail class boats right now but that’s at least $10k in plywood at today’s prices. :joy:

Thanks @JayS
I was judging every boater this weekend for not wearing a NYS required PFD on the tiny boats.

Hahaha… I definitely noticed it too. I also didn’t see a single law enforcement boat out while I was out, which is really rare for the East River. Caught (and released) probably the biggest smallmouth bass I’ve ever pulled out of a WNY waterway too.