-OFFICIAL- Watkins Glen Opening Day Cruise, April 25th

Watkins Glen opening weekend is the 24th & 25th, so we’re going to have a cruise out there on Sunday the 25th.

We’ve done this 2 years in a row and every time the weather / drive out has been great. :tup:

We’ll figure out meet / cruise times in a few weeks. Post up if you’re interested!

If you want to drive your car on track (paced laps) you can do so for $25 (proceeds go to charity.) Entry to the track grounds is free.

Here’s some video of us pace lapping the track:

We’re going to all meet up and cruise out from the Garden Place Hotel at 10:00am since it’s right next to the thruway and super easy to find because it’s gaudy as hell:

http://www.salvatores.net/images/hotel_photo_small.jpg

For directions to the meet location and route to Watkins Glen, CLICK HERE!

For the Canadian guys, if someone sets up a cruise from your area PM me so we can exchange contact info. We’ll wait at the hotel until you guys get there, then all cruise out to the track! Make sure to account for border delays and bring some cash for the tolls - Canadian money is accepted at the booths, but it’s discounted a bit.

this was a great time last year!
i am definitely down for this

Always a good time. I’ll probably tag along.

ugh the rx7 might have to sit this out. I will still go and bring the M5 if I have to. :frowning:

'cmon, it’s over a month away, you’ll have it done. I’m going to drive my Z to this :tup:

dammit!!! why do i have to work this sunday…

Think they allow Saturns??? Lol. This sounds like a blast.

It’s parade laps, they allow minivans and buses.

I Would definately be down with the cruise, Although my 240 is still completely stock, i still think it would be a lot of fun, Definately going to book that weekend off now :smiley:

Yeah this isn’t like a track day. They let any car out there. There was even a group of bikes out last year too.

:frowning: we shall see I guess. You really going to start getting work done on the Z?

Working on getting a set of 335s crammed out back right now :slight_smile:

Ha! i knew someone else on here would know how fast my car is…

i’m boarderline embarrassed to bring my car to this, but true, it does look like fun

how fast do you get going on these paced laps? looks fun either way.

YAY!! I’m up front… I’m down. this was two years ago… and a ton of fun

im in

Most people out there will go slow around the turns (lame) then floor it on the front straight. I forget how fast… maybe 110 mph in the front straight? It was fast enough for some people to feel a bit of brake fade.

When we did it in Newman’s STI we were moving along quite fast.

I was there last year in one of the last groups to go out and we didnt give a fuck. bunch of passing. ppl probly hated me but idgaf.

its a fun time for sure with a ton of cool cars. :slight_smile:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/31026/1187032-picard_facepalm_super.jpg