-OFFICIAL- Watkins Glen Opening Day Cruise, Sunday April 22nd 2012

Date: Sunday April 22nd, 2012
Time: Leaving from Buffalo @ 9am
Cost: $25 to pace-lap the track 3 times, FREE to enter the track

With this great weather hopefully it won’t rain this year. But then again, we won’t get to see any C4 Corvettes spank the wall…

Post up if you’re interested!

If you want to drive your car on track (paced laps) you can do so for $25 (proceeds go to charity.) Entry to the track grounds is free.

Here’s some video of us pace lapping the track:

We’re going to all meet up and cruise out from the Garden Place Hotel at 9:00am since it’s right next to the thruway and super easy to find because it’s gaudy as hell:

http://www.salvatores.net/images/hotel_photo_small.jpg

For directions to the meet location and route to Watkins Glen, CLICK HERE!

For the Canadian guys, if someone sets up a cruise from your area PM me so we can exchange contact info. We’ll wait at the hotel until you guys get there, then all cruise out to the track! Make sure to account for border delays and bring some cash for the tolls - Canadian money is accepted at the booths, but it’s discounted a bit.

Who’s Going List (HEADCOUNT ONLY!) Click the “marketplace” tab above to sign up:

http://www.nyspeed.com/EventResultNP.php?id=12

We went to do this a couple years ago, even with paced laps and in the stock Crx, it was fun.

This is a good time.
I’ll have to try to get the day off

I’m going on Saturday

My car won’t be ready but I would be interested in going…

Someone will have a passenger seat Luke :tup:

I’m totally down. Should have the Subie to stage 2 by then.

Count me in

If I have my 330ci by then I’m down. I’m more in for the cruise on the backroads on the way back tho. :wink:

Most likely in for this, sounds like a good time :tup:

If you don’t have your Bimmer then you can just sit on my shifter for the drive, should be a good time

Wow. This looks like it would be a really good time. I was going to go to the All Mazda Meet at Orange County Choppers on Saturday, but I might do this instead.

What happens to the jerks in their daily beaters that don’t want to go around the track…? Is there a waiting area to watch the cool cars? :slight_smile:

In so far.

whats the location?

SRSLY???

Watkins Glen is the location.

So do you just drive around the track at a normal pace, then your done?

Yeah, you just park in the pits and watch. Or just enjoy the drive out.

See the video. Paced laps are not full speed, but can be decently quick.

I’m in. Already claimed my shotgun seat. :tup: We gotta do an event over summer. My grandfather is an instructor there for the BMW and Porsche club. Would be fun.

No full speed, no fun!