OG Droid pic upload problems

Lately I’ve been having problems with my Moto Droid uploading mobile phone shots to Facebook. It says that it’s uploading in the status bar but it stays at 0% and never finishes the upload. It’s been doing this more often than not lately. When I first got the phone, I didn’t have this problem.

Any ideas? I’m not rooted and I’m only running stuff like Open Home and Beautiful Widgets, stuff like that. Not that any of that should matter, but just providing info. I’m on Verizon too.

I have zero Droid / Android experience, but could it be a conflict with another app? My facebook widget sometimes caused my browser to time-out when it wanted to update in the background. That’s been fixed though.

Not sure. I have the Facebook for Android app and maybe I didn’t have it before I started having these problems? Just seems to be occurring more and more lately. I don’t have any problems with my Dolphin browser updating now that I also have the Facebook app.

I think my phone is just getting wonky in general. Sometimes the touch screen lags or doesn’t respond and I have to restart my phone but these are not common or frequently occurring problems for me, just something that happens once in a while.

Have you tired a hard reset? Look on google for how to do one.

No, I haven’t tried that yet and I’d need to back up all this crap on here first if I were to do it. If no other suggestions surface, I’ll try that.

maybe try to clear cache and data for the facebook app??

I did a hard reset this morning. Phone was randomly typing on its own all night and I was having problems actually doing anything. I uninstalled handcent (as it only did most of this typing while I was using it) and backed up all my files on the computer. We’ll see if this fixes the problem. Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Hard reset did nothing. Phone is still typing on its own, randomly opening things and scrolling up and down like crazy. I’m not concerned about the Facebook problems now, it seems I have a bigger problem. Google search has me at the conclusion (based on other users identical problems) that the phone probably needs to be sent in to be replaced or fixed, something about the screen “grounding out” or parts of it not working correctly.

no need to back up. its not restoring your phone its just a reset like turning it off. back when i had a BB i use to do it like once a month to keep it running tip top

^The way I understood it is that a hard reset is like a complete wipe setting it back to factory specs. That’s why I had to reactivate the phone and all of my setups are gone.

yes that is correct

So the hard reset fixed my uploading problems, I’m not having trouble uploading to facebook.

My screen still becomes unresponsive sometimes. Sometimes it randomly opens things, types things or just flips out I guess. I am currently switching to an old phone I have laying around. What’s the process for sending this thing in to get fixed? It’s driving me absolutely fucking nuts.

still under warranty?

Um when I bought the phone last year I guess I got the extended warranty and I paid for phone insurance on this one. So…I dunno?

I guess my warranty was up the 20th, but the rep on the phone (Karen, great help) hooked me up anyways. Phone will be here on Wednesday. I’m eligible for an early upgrade but my NE2 comes in September and they’re being done away with in August. Gay.

Oh well, new(ish) phone is great.

Now for upgrade options…