Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I blew something big

Yeah, I was installing the stereo, and it blew the ignition fuse, so I replaced that with the power window fuse, and i have power now, but it turns over and won’t start!
HELP for the idiot :roll:
Jeff

the Exact same thing just happned in my Accord
i had to get a new ignition switch
it turns over but as soon as you let go of the key it dies?
yea its gay

How much was the ignition switch and was it hard to install?
Thanks sooo much if this fixes it!
Jeff

How did you blow the ignition fuse??

I just wired the stereo up and it was working fine and I moved it around it a bit then I heard a bad noise and the car just shut off along with everything.

Thats weird! but probe your ignition wire on your start ignition and when you turn the key you will get a 12 v reading on your ohm meeter and sheak your system for anything that is grounding out. you can use the ohm meeter for that too.

Yeah, I was installing the stereo, and it blew the ignition fuse, so I replaced that with the power window fuse, and i have power now, but it turns over and won’t start!
HELP for the idiot :roll:
Jeff

the Exact same thing just happned in my Accord
i had to get a new ignition switch
it turns over but as soon as you let go of the key it dies?
yea its gay

How much was the ignition switch and was it hard to install?
Thanks sooo much if this fixes it!
Jeff

How did you blow the ignition fuse??

I just wired the stereo up and it was working fine and I moved it around it a bit then I heard a bad noise and the car just shut off along with everything.

Thats weird! but probe your ignition wire on your start ignition and when you turn the key you will get a 12 v reading on your ohm meeter and sheak your system for anything that is grounding out. you can use the ohm meeter for that too.