oh FYI

I just posted the entire section. That’s the only part that has anything to do with it.

And no it does not mean that they are IN the united states when captured. Considering this is mainly about people held in Cuba that were captured in Afganistan, I’d certainly say it doesn’t mean that they were captured here in the US. It means they are non-citizens in custody of the united states.

`(1) UNLAWFUL ENEMY COMBATANT- (A) The term `unlawful enemy combatant' means--

`(i) a person who has engaged in hostilities or who has purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States or its co-belligerents who is not a lawful enemy combatant (including a person who is part of the Taliban, al Qaeda, or associated forces); or

`(ii) a person who, before, on, or after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, has been determined to be an unlawful enemy combatant by a Combatant Status Review Tribunal or another competent tribunal established under the authority of the President or the Secretary of Defense.

AND JUST FOR YOU BABY:

(3) ALIEN- The term alien’ means a person who is not a citizen of the United States.

But if you want to read it all be my fucking guest:

Bill Suspending:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:s.03930:

US Code:

Detainee Treatment Act: