Oh Noes

I don’t have a built motor (stock block) or a lotta money in my car nor am I gonna comparing Turbo to N/A 4 cyl. I had an omni GLH
turbo with about 2 grand into it and it ran 12.7’s, over 30mpg. that’s not the point. Anyone can build a car that a thousand
others have already built and know this part make power and that one doesn’t. And some choose the road less traveled.
Is it smart to? Probably not. But with the right combination of parts, a honda fit can be fast and the only way slo’s neon will
run 13’s is if he pays me to build it.

what exactly is so unique about building a slow ass Neon? :ugh2:

There’s a lotta head porting as well as cam timing and having the right combination of parts. Long tube Header with a merge collector. I’m not saying I have the best setup. I think there’s more hp to be found in a better intake for me. I’m working on an ITB setup. nothing special.

i respect what you guys are doing. i have a hard time finding parts for my car also. its the only engine that nissan makes that has no real aftermarket support. but i like the fact that my car isn’t the fastest, but its mine, and its different. good luck with it.

I guess to what most people dont realize or maybe they do?? Considering shelby already has a neon, so y not have fun with it and try to make it better. Its easy to say go out and start with a another platform etc (f-body,stang) but that takes money,car payment,loans. I’m sure his car is paid off so IMO think its cool that he’s trying to make is a little better and is realisitic with the goals that this engine make bring.

Like mod’d neons, this thread is a waste.

:truth:

true but if you want something like that to perform you are dumping alot of money into a car that is alot cheaper and isnt really meant to race/perform. if money is an issue, get an early ls1 z28 for relatively cheap and keep it stock until you get some more money. even a stock ls1 will more than likely blow away a modded neon like that and when its all said and done the price will be similar and you’ll have better resale.

knock all you want, i’ll sit around and have fun with my little go cart and not have to pay a dime for it a month besides insurance and gas. while others have their TA’s and Stangs costing them 500 a month car payment.

I could very well go out and get a TA tomorrow if i wanted to, but i just dont want payments at the moment…

Except for the 96 Formula that i missed out on that I was going to buy for %$6000 with 66k miles

no car payment here…all the mods and upgrades are all cash

No car payments here. mods are all cash as well…

Nothing wrong with being different. Stick with what you like. I would get back into another 1gen Probe if I had the time, money, room, ect. I liked it b/c it was different.

anal probe :kekegay:

I agree 100%…but I have a hard time believing that anyone looks at the 1st Gen Neons and says…“Man I can’t wait to get one of those”. I say get a car you actually want and have fun with it.

BTW…I have no car payments at all…GTP and WS.6…but still have no money to mod…wedding + house FTL

like i said earlier, if you are a neon fan (or whatever car) then by all means its worth it to you to sink money in that type of car. whatever makes yyou happy.

my TA is paid for by the way

I’m all for doin shit others dont but a built short block for 13s? and in a neon?

Small block it!

the motor I was lookin at wasnt “fully built” it was mildly built top and bottom end. I’d probably run mid 13’s with it.

If you knew what your doin you can get the neons into 12’s and 11’s no problem all motor

Can you think of another small sedan that gets around 40mpg, runs mid 15s stock, and has a decent suspension?

I’ve had a lot of fun fairly cheaply in various neons over the years, much of it honestly because I haven’t yet been able to afford a car that I really want.