Oil feed line stripped what to do???

ok so i replaced my turbo cuz the oil seal inside busted and i was smoking like crazy, so replaced it doesnt smoke at all, only problem is i stripped the threads for the oil feed line my bolts fine but the block is stripped, i know i can tap it and put a bigger bolt in, but then that bigger bolt wont fit into the oil line, any suggestions??

Maybe some sort of brake line adapter would work

if your running off the stock oil filter your best bet is to close up that hole use lots of glue… There is a second spot right behind it that with an Allan key you can unscrew the cap and put the same size of fitting in. try not to strip that one as its your last chance before you have to replace that part. Just remember this is aluminum so its very soft you don’t need much pressure to get it tight. if it leaks use some pipe tape.

Thats if its a KAT

If its an SR no idea but most likely your SOL.

You need to buy a heli coil kit that matches the original banjo bolt thread pitch. So basically after drilling and tapping according to the kit, you install the heli coil and it will be back to regular thread pitch and bolt size. The kit comes with the tap and heli coil, all you need to do is buy the right drill bit

I have that Non turbo engine you sold to me as a turbo one you can use it for parts. lol BOZO

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

@240mayham

+1 thats what i’d do. Teflon tape also.

Also +1, Heli-coils save lives, you just have to be super precise when your drilling and tapping the hole.

no teflon tape on oil feeds…

if you are using stainless lines you can tap the hole to 3/8 npt and use a npt to -3or4 AN fitting to adapt the new feed hole to the line

bahahaha. thats your fix for stripped threads in an engine block? plz. never go near a car. throw your keys away. set your car on fire. and sit in it for a while.

have very little it tick over have some when reving but seens like lots of air with the oil if you no what i mean .but there is oil going over the rocker arms and running down the push rods ,