oil filter comparison

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

a guy i know made this about 9 years ago and recently made some updates to it.

check it out.

Brian

good read! :tup:

EDIT: after really starting to read this, I must say its the first one of these oil filter comparisons thats is damn near 100% impartial, and leaves out all the “brand xxxxx is crap, brand yyyyyy is the best” stuff. the author presents just the facts and is very detailed about it, and you can take it all in for what its worth to you! this is getting bookmarked for sure…

Yup, surface area is the only thing that matters. That is why a 225 all-season is better than a 185 R-comp. The measurable tread is deaper too, so that must also mean that they are better. Just measure all quantifiable elements and the highest number wins.

wow that didnt take long before a useless critical post popped up.

nothing like that was posted in the article. it is up to you to make a decision based on the facts.

if you want a better comparison, youll have to flow test the media and devise a test that introduces particles of a given size and see how well it filters them out.

Brian

fyi, coming from an oil geek.

The walmart supertech oil filters are made by champ labs, and are a great filter for the money. Better than an orange can fram.

I use them in all my non ford cars.

The walmart oil is made by warren, its decent oil for 99 percent of the cars on the road. I run it in the ladies neon with good results, but I can’t force myself to put it in any of the cars I own.

just got a mobil 1 filter instead of my typical k&n thanks to this

:tup:

I have run supertech in my daily drivers for the past 4 years with no problems or oil consumption

I dont run it in my toys but I have read their synthetic is pretty good stuff

Its hard to get past the fact its “Walmart” oil but truth be told its not that bad

I used to run supertech until I got into Amsoil. I still use supertech for things that can’t have synthetic.

Yup, I think theres another person that did a very similar comparison and came out with comparable results. That’s why I have been using Mobil 1 filters.

The supertech synthetic results that I’ve seen over on bobistheoilguy shows that its not worth the money.

The conventional does a good job for those that change oil at 3-4k intervals.