OIL filters/oil

Is there big differences in oil/oil filters that you can use? What do you guys use?

mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 (winter) and SAE30(summer) with a K&N Filter :slight_smile:

Most people’s moms probably wouldn’t notice a difference between the stuff in their camry.

As far as enthusaists go, there’s all sorts of discussion on oil and filters over at www.bobistheoilguy.com. I generally like to stick to synthetic, mobil 1 since it’s available everywhere. I’ve researched quality filters and right now i like wix the best.

Ive heard before that if your car isnt brand new and has been running with synthetic since the begining it is bad is that true?

Maybe in the 80s that was true, but it’s ok to use snythetic in anything now. I switched my legacy to mobil 1 when i got it, and it has over 100,000 miles.

napa filters :bigok:

genuwine nissan filter here with royal purple 10w40

I use a purolator pure-one or a napa gold, both are supposed to be a good filter

all with mobil 1 10w-30 ofcourse :wink:

actually I heard you should run conventional oil for the first 10k miles or so(unless it’s syn from the factory). The pistons and block actually absorb oil and conventional soaks in better. :dunno:

I did the switch at 57k

That’s a new one to me. There’s additives that have to plate up on some of the metal surfaces like the bearings, any oil has that, synthetic or not.

Porsches and stuff like that come with mobil 1 straight out of the factory with 0 miles, that’s good enough for me.

I agree… Wix filters are the best… I use just plain Castrol GTX in the '94, but in the '01 i used a Kendall synthetic blend… it was the only synth. blend that the place had at the time…

Nice Job with the link :bigthumb:

Anyone ever heard of HAMP oil filters?

honda oem oil filters and synthetic moble 1

5w30 syntec with fram oil filter.
i might try a viper fram filter at next change (heard it holds more oil)