Oil in intake

Hey guys.

I took off my intake last night and found oil in there. I checked the hose comming from the valve cover to the intake and there was oil in there as well. Why is this happening?

specs on the car?

Sorry I was in a hurry.

So, I just installed a new turbo gt2871r, apexi Power FC, 740cc injectors, HKS ssqv, z32 mafs, new custom intake and new intercooler piping. I took off the intake piping to check the mafs and found a bit of oil where the hose from the intake is plumbed to. There seems to be a light film of oil in the intake piping as well as in the mafs. I took off the hose going from the valve cover to the intake and there was milky foamy oil there in the valve cover “T” The oil in the intake was clean.

I checked my oil level and found it to be well above the full mark for some reason.

The turbo is brand new from Bing so I doubt it a problem with the seals (better not be :wink: )

Any thoughts. Compression is 150 across and not burning oil to my knowledge.

Thanks

a light film of oil is nothing to worry about, if it starts getting excessive then you’ve got some issues. Get yourself an oil catch can and get rid of the line going from the valve cover to your intake pipe. Keep an eye on the catch can and see how long it takes for it to start building up with oil, if it even does at all. As far as the milky oil your describing…if you take your oil fill cap off do you see milky residue on the bottom of the cap?

yikes dude, milky oil… over full reading on the dipstick spells colant to me… you might have a coolant leak into the engine but if your compression is 150 accross i doubt its your head gasket… hmm i dont know man… just throwin ideas out … if your oil is milkey its coolant… if your dipstick is reading over the mark and your sure you filled it proper… get that check asap… also check your rad etc for loss of coolant… good luck dude

No loss of coolant that I can see. The milky oil I saw was just inside the “T” and the oil in the intake was clean. Could the new turbo be sucking so much that it’s drawing oil from the valve cover? Looking at the oil cap and down inside the valve cover everything look normal. Is there some kind of valve in the “T” on the cover that could be shot?

Other than this the car runs fine, pulls like hell!! and idles great except for the hunting idle for about 3-4 secs then settles down, I think its Power FC related though.

sounds like the PCV valve? that doesn’t explain the milky oil though.

pcv valve brand new :confused:

oil gets milky when water gets into it… condensation builds up in intakes… condensation is water… water mixes with oil. milky.

its pretty normal/common on turbo cars. theres always oil build ups all over my intakes on all my turbo cars ive had.

UNless there is a puddle collecting then I really wouldnt be too worried. I’ve had oil buildup in the intake on all my turbo cars but I dont really run a catch can.

Do you have this car tuned yet? A wideband installed? I would be weary about pushing the car hard without tuning, you could be doing damage without knowing it.

Yes I need to get the car tuned. I’m running an Empalthy base tune now but I’m not pushing the car at all. I have a wide band but need to install it.

Welcome to the world of higher boost and bigger turbos.

Nothing to be alarmed at (yet) dude.

When you are ready for a tune… let me know.