Oil Mileage/Change Question

I typically change out my Amsoil Synthetic 5w-30 every 5k. I’m at like 4k right now and have a 20hr trip to Missouri (Springfield) and back tomorrow. Will I be okay running the oil till like 6,500 miles before changing? I really don’t feel like changing it right now in this heat lol.

It will be fine.

Amsoil is one of the few real synthetics out there and since it doesn’t have an additive package as mineral oils do it passes the viscosity tests naturally without wearing down over time. Among numerous other benefits.

I think youl be fine.

Okay cool. I’ll just do it when I get back. Thanks.

yeah youll be fine, i do mine every like 5k.

Many people run synthetics to 7K+

I’ve been known to run regulars for that long.

The 3K mile interval, while cheap insurance to do so is just a arbitrary number. Under “ideal” conditions regular oil lasts up to 7K miles until it starts losing it’s properties, but since we don’t leave in an ideal world and we can’t measure exactly how hard your oil works in daily driving situations it’s changed at 3k.

Bike guys change their oil after every event at the circuit session.

Your car could be ran on conventional oil and changed at the manufacturers specified intervals and have ZERO issues. If you’re going to spend the extra coin on Amsoil for that car (which is a waste of money IMO), at least spend the money to have to have it checked by Blackstone to see how long you can go on changes. The ONLY advantage to synthetics IMO is extended intervals, so you might as well take advantage of it.

You’ll throw a rod. Don’t do it.

:rofl…thanks Leo or Chris or whatever the hell your name is. I’m changing it right now and typing this with one hand.

:rofl

wtf are u doing with the other one

FAPPER!

Changing the oil, dumbass. :rofl

The oil change interval on my TDI is 10K! You’ll be more then fine!

I change my oil every 3k since my engine is like a ticking time bomb but your car should be fine

My old job would never schedule my truck to get maintained as they were located out near Boston and I was the only employee in Albany. I went something STUPID like 30k before changing the oil and only did so because the motor starting making noises. I was like 4 quarts low. Was a vortec 6.0 iirc, and thing still ran like a champ till I got upgraded to a bigger truck. Last I knew, the van was still kicking around with 300k miles of HARD abuse.

On the other hand I just checked my mom’s elentra. it’s just hit it’s 3000 miles and it’s been almost 11 months lol. Oil wasn’t low and still looked good.

You’ll be fine Ilya

If you really want to know when you should change it do what TurboTravis said and send it out to be tested…

Every 5-7k for the dailys, sometimes even longer in the winter :lol