Oil Pressure & Oil Temp Install

Hey guys, so I have a Megan oil pressure gauge and a Megan oil temperature gauge that I wanna install on my redtop SR. Yes, yes, I know they may not be the most accurate gauges but I bought them when I first got my car and figure I’d might as well run em now until I have money to get some decent gauges. I didn’t want to drill into the oil pan for the oil temp sensor so I went out and bought a 1/8 female pipe tee. and a 1/8 hex nipple.

The instructions that came with the gauges is specifies:

" Do not use teflon thread sealer tape on the sending unit. This will cause a ground problem and the gauge will read inaccurately. It is highly advisable to ground the gauge at the engine close to the oil sender."

Now… my question is, to those of you who have installed oil pressure/temp gauges, whether it be Megan or any other brand…

1. did the instruction included specify the same?

2. And if so or if not, is there any kind of thread sealant that I could use that won’t cause a grounding problem?

3. did you ground close to the sender? if not where?

I don’t want any leaks. Thanks in advance.

Jon

just tighten them good, there brass theyl foarm in shape.

iv never head of teflon causeing issues. maybe cheap shit tho. get the good shit

dont bother with the instructions. those are for bitches. get a oil filter re-location kit (80 bux and WELL worth it) and there should be holes to mount both in. done and done

haha alright sweet… if i had the money left i would definetly get one of those greddy sandwhich plates that sense oil press and temp but for now i just need to run what i have.

also, in the picture… i’ve threaded everything in my hand as tight as it can go… should everything be threaded in all the way? I was worried about messing up threads. i’m sure the thread size i got is right.

Jon

It might not bottom out the threads, but as long as it’s in there as tight as you can get it with a wrench you’ll be fine, also, if you use teflon tape, start at the top of the thread and work towards the bottom, but leave a gap between the bottom of your teflon tape and the bottom of the fitting.

ahh ok… yea i wanna avoid teflon tape just because that’s what was specified NOT to be used. Maybe some thread locker would seal it as well.

Jon

Like Shawn said, they’re brass, they’re soft enough to form to the threads. Besides, those fittings probably don’t even seal on the threads. Which is why any form of thread sealant is useless. They seal on that angled part at the bottom of the threads. Don’t use anything, just make sure it’s tight.