"oil" spots seeping out of new concrete

How many yards was the pour? Even with the delivery charges on under 4 cy it’s worth it.

Tell them I’ll lend them my steel trowels too.

It was about 34’x10’ by 4-6" thick, so at least 4 yards. I know they had something like 200+ bags.

I think they actually did use steel trowels… :hsugh:

Penn Dot approved :rofl:
http://www.abetterchoiceinc.com/densicrete.html

did they put any fibre in it or wire mesh? they screwed themselves with mixing it like that …thats like almost 6 yards they could have ordered a truck for cheaper than that

if it were me, id have them reimburse my money, and then hire munster/nick/real cobra–the 3 pittspeed concrete guys, and give them the money to do it “sidework” style on a weekend.

Then they rushed the finish if that was with a steel trowel. Besides the point, though.

Back to your lignite issue…You could drill them out and put a patching material in the holes (I recommend Blendcrete). Once they pop out they’re done. It’s just because they are lighter than the concrete, and while wet they floated to the top.

Make sure it is lignite too. Dig one out and see if it crushes into black powder.

If you have them take it out again DEMAND redi-mix. Who’s the nearest supplier to you? Stone?

If someone from here took it over I’d be glad to help out on a weekend. Get it ready Friday night (floordrains or whatever) pour on a Saturday AM. I could stay at the in-laws.

If your in rostraver like your profile says you coulda called mon river supply and gotten concrete from them I have used their stuff maybe 5 times always descent stuff and my boss is good friends with the owner there …I would have them take that out…looks terrible and it should have a 4000lb mix with fibres in it

The garage floor would be roughly 5 1/2 yards of concrete if you factor in the spillage/grade being off a little (5%) that was with a 5" thickness. I dont know how they mixed that many bags without having cold joints throughout the whole floor. Since they didnt use redi mix, they would have had to 've used wire welded mesh since the fibers would have to have been in the redi mix. personally, i am not a big fan of the fiber reinforcement for 3 reasons, 1) reminds me of anchovies or tiger hair 2) doesnt seem to bring up the cream as well as the non fiberous 3) even when burnt black with steel it never is perfectly smooth, there is still a touch of the fibers.
Mon River also does have good stone. we use them a good bit and their prices are fair.
demand Gavco or Stone. We use gavco.

Blech gavco is poo weve been using Hosmer … You want real creamy concrete in a garage get a 1/2 % of calcium in it and youll get cream for days Be aware some bigger companies have a Minimum u have to order like Silhol has a 6 yard minimum

also, my fiance’s dad had a garage built a while back with Gervoe (spelling) block which is now the charleroi stone concrete/block plant. The block had the exact same problem. Tons of black dots which looked like rust running down the block. K

really? we’ve always had good luck with gavco. those companies you listed were very close to the city right? most of our work is out of the city. we are in crafton right now, rostraver and somerset. Stone always shorted us and HOY in waynesburg raped us and everyone we talk to 6 ways from sunday. atleast a half yard short. every truck. silhol is always the company you see pouring the big heavy highway work like mositis and Dick corp

We are in the south hills we usually use Hosmer or Kiefers…we just poured 47 yards last week all with Hosmer all pretty nice stuff…We used Mon river when we were out in Bentleyville earleir this year…

what company do you work for?

small local company called Skip’s Cement hes out of finleyville …

Calcium wouldn’t have anything to do with the cream…just set time.

Order premium if you’re dealing with a company that usually has a stoney mix or if you’re stamping a deep texture. They’ll up the cement content.

I would definitely do a 4000psi mix on that floor. I personally like steel mesh too because of the hairballs from fiber.

We’ve been sending manholes to Rostraver for a few months now. Ligonier Construction must have that place pretty ripped up by now.

Keep me updated on what you do about the floor.

Calcium lowers the air content in the concrete and lets more cream come to the top…We had the guy from the company that makes the cement come to our job before and test the concrete for air content

we have PSI concrete testing and engineering of greentree do our testing. Of the inspectors we have dealt with they are the easiest to get along with. most are assholes. i have a few stories about inspectors dickin’ off and makin our job harder.

If whomever wants this floor replaced Im sure the few of us on here that do concrete can get together and make it better than what it is now

We definitely could. I’d hate to see it have to be torn out for the second time, though.

I didn’t know that calcium knocked down the air that much. You wouldn’t want it too low if it’s going to be outside.

I wonder if these guys rented one of those 1 cy tow behind mixers. There’s a guy renting them in Cranberry. Met him at a decorative training in Chicago. Filthy Phil was what they were calling him. He gets those big jobsite Quikrete bags, though. The 1000lb ones or whatever they are. Those would be a hell of alot better than 80 pounders.

So Stone & Company would be a good choice? Wilhelm in Elizabeth is pretty close too.

There was no fiber in this mix, just rebar - and I’m pretty sure it was just what was left over from the original pour.