"oil" spots seeping out of new concrete

doubt it I think he said earlier it was over 200 bags which means Im assuming the small ones …I just dont get why not order a TRUCK …

They were 80 pounders and a “small” tow behind rental mixer.

After I talk to the company tomorrow I’ll see where I stand. If this is getting ripped out (which I really think it may have to be), I may end up ripping out even more since I have water draining to the side of the garage on the old part that heaved a little.

I should print this thread for them. I bet they don’t understand half of what you’ve said!

we have a mixer like that for when we do stone work to mix mortar …def probably had 50 cold joints…if you wana rip it out let us/me know and well all try and help

Exactly. Because you can only use so much mortar at a clip.

Let us know if it’s getting ripped out again. What’s the garage look like? How many floordrains, etc.?

Jeff, Why is the real question. Why did you need all that work done in the first place?
Not trying to sound/act like a dick. Your house is what $300,000 ? Under 15 years old.

Obviously over the years, things don’t pop in your head and say i want a different garage floor.

You do alot of your work by yourself and don’t ask for help, This is serious stuff.

Scold those fuckheads and get your project done right.
Using a simple tri axle concrete truck ( front or rear dispenser ) is beyond belief, fuck them

The only possibility, think is they were scared of cracking your driveway with a 50,000 lb+ truck.

mmmmm… Jakes Pizza… best pizza around here IMO. Do yourself a favor and grab a poorboy over there… thank me later.

Mark speaks the truth … Jakes pizza FTW!

So what’s the deal Jeff…did you have to smash some heads or what?

yea whats the deal … was talkin to the guys I work with about this today they laughed at the thought of Sakrete

I called and he knew what I meant by the marks and lignite. He’s going to talk to the owner and call me back today. Oh wait, it’s 6:00 already… :rolleyes:

Wow that sucks … sounds like someone knows they screwed up and dont wana step up

everyone tells me to get the poorboy

their pizza is kick ass. i get it every friday when im working in rostraver

amazing how everything gets turned into a food thread on PS…

anywho just heard about problems like this at our work today someone was doing a school and they had this problem they called it a rust bleeding out and sent a guy to the school and he has been there 2 months picking out the bad pieces piece by piece with with trowel (spl?)

ps any of you concrete guys deal with L&E concrete pumping. im trying to get in there within the next few weeks to start with the pump trucks…

we’ve used frazier concrete pumping int he past
its funny cause my brother likes to do the “easy job” like run the power buggy and move the chute if its a rear loader… well he said he’d help the man on the nozzle of the pumper hose. well that damn hose gets a bit heavy once that crete is flowing through it hahaha he didnt know what he was getting in to

a good man on the hose can make the pour go very very easy with little work from the rake men

Get to work with a bunch of woman :naughty:

we usually use Keystone Concrete pumping …and the line does get pretty heavy when your pumping your crete …jsut let me knwo when were doing this floor

I’ve talked to them, but I don’t have a contact. If they’re in the area we let them wash their hoppers out here. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

The owner was out having dental surgery, so I got hold of someone today. They want to come out Saturday to see it and put Densicrete on it to seal it. http://www.densicrete.com/ I told them they could come look at it.

The concrete around the lignite spots seems way too thin and would crumble regardless of how it’s sealed and strengthened by the Densicrete. So I called the Densicrete manufacturer and they confirmed it - Densicrete won’t stop the spalling from the lignite since there is no bond between it and the concrete. They would recommend not using their product for this, and jack hammering the concrete out.

So they can come look at my floor if they want, but I don’t see how an installer of a product can possibly go against what the manufacturer says.

I’m hoping you’ve already put a stop payment on the check, or refused payment… I would stop by the local magistrate to ask what papers to file as well…

I agree… these fucking swine won’t get away with this.