ok honda idle issue

well 1st off ill start by saying im a dumbass and cant figure out how changing thermostat makes this retarded idle from like 1100 to 2200 back a forth. i have no cel light and well i need help lol could it be air in the line?

Air in the Idle Air Control Valve. You might as well take it off and clean it as well.

what year and what kind of honda? and it didnt do this before you changed the thermostat?

no didnt do it before. its a 96 civic with a 2000 gsr swap. ran fine i changed thermo and idle has acted up ever since so annoying

does that have a fast thermo idle valve on your throttle body? that runs on coolant, and affects your idle at start up. if you changed the thermostat there coudl be air in the lines and its messing up how that valve operates. thats just one idea, i’d check the IAC valve also, but it can’t hurt to bleed any air out of the cooling system. on a 2000 gsr i don’t believe there is a bleed valve i think that was only on the obd1 motors. to bleed the air out on an obd2 gsr you just need to run the car with the cap off of the radiator.

yea i did the run car without rad cap didnt do much. and idk bout the fast idle valve not sure

ah nevermind i just looked on acuraoemparts.com, 2000 dont have them, looks like its an obd1 thing. scratch that idea

lol scratched // well i guess after work ill mess with the iacv and ill let u guys know whats up