Ok, so recommendations on a good bike shop in town?

I’m looking to get a semi-decent mtn. bike, and while there’s some decent deals online, I’d like to stay local, so I can really get a feel for what I’d like.

Budget is likely somewhere around the $500 range.

Thoughts on a bike and a shop?

PM mindless he works at a shop in depew …good deals and good prices

place is bicycles and more

berts bikes on the boulevard…and he has one somewhere else too but i forgot where it is
and then there is Shickluna’s on Hertel <—my favorite. and also there is campus wheel works, i didnt like them very much, the service wasnt very good.

EDIT: Campus wheel works is on elmwood.

Red door… Ask for scott

http://reddoorskiandbike.com/

I hope he’s at the Williamsville shop. Don’t want to add 40 bucks to my bike price by driving to E-Ville.

Thanks

Cool, thanks for the info

Campus Wheel Works on Elmwood, Shickluna on Hertel, and Ricks Cycle on Allen

I am thinking about picking up a single speed trail bike soon as well… Most of the local shops all carry different brands, so look around.

I’ll give that a shot also

i was just in campus this weekend. pretty nice store. Tons of hipster fggts lurking outside on fixed gear bikes.

I think I’m the complete opposite of hipster, so I’m still good to go there?

yeah. you would be fine. it’s not their entire clientel, i think it was just the time of day or something.

Honestly, though, mindless is an awesome dude and worth checking out his store. I bet he would hook you up!

their prices are ok and they sell BIANCHI! …but the people are kind of douches. and they take awhile on service too.

go see scott… seriously… he knows his shit

if in the evill shop i could pick up and drop in williamsville for you for half the cost…

:tup: to scott at red door williamsville

williamsville

Campus wheelworks is expensive imo

When I go in there I’ve always had pretty good service though.

add handlebars in kenmore to the list, ellicottville bike shop is good too.

:wave:

although I did ride my geared bike today for the first time in 2 years (derailer had to be adjusted, mount was bent). Took it to campus, and they hooked it up. They always do great work. If you think their bikes are pricey don’t go to handlebars. I went there 3 or so years ago looking for a geared bike and didn’t see much under $2,000.

Campus does great work, I’m friends with most of the guys there. They guarantee all their work, and are real upfront about everything.

Fuck shikluna. that dude that runs the joint is an asshole. I went in, saw a bike I wanted, and the dude was suck a prick I left. There goes $650 for him.

Ricks is a bit different of a shop from those though. A ton of used stuff. My buddy superman works there, he’s a good dude.

All credibility was lost when you mentioned Berts s a good shop.

There’s a bike shop in EA that is nice. I know they carry Cannondale, and I want to say they carry Gary Fisher as well. Guy who owns it is a real good guy.

If you are looking to do serious riding or get into it in the near future, I’d strongly suggest raising your spending limit and look into buying a nice used full suspension bike. I went the less expensive new hardtail route before, and thrashed the bike as I got more and more into trail riding. I bought a used Cannondale Jekyll for $650 which was in perfect condition. It is full suspension, and I am MUCH happier with it. It makes me a better rider and it makes riding much more enjoyable.

Spend $1,000+ if buying new, $600+ if buying used, if you want to do any serious singletrack riding.

At least that is my opinion.