Old Money Value?

I have a bunch of silver and gold certificates. This is probably worth $10 on a good day. Keep it they are neat!!

I am just picturing pawn stars where the seller gets really upset because he paid way too much and the item has little value. I don’t know your situation but it made me think of that

I am just picturing pawn stars where the seller gets really upset because he paid way too much and the item has little value. I don’t know your situation but it made me think of that

The bill is only worth about 2%-3% of what it was worth in 1935. :wink:

iron it!
id tell your gf no more wendy’s, keep her in line, make her pack a salad

laughingturnsintocrying

Haha $18 + shipping. Lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935A-1-SILVER-CERTIFICATE-Blue-Seal-VERY-NICE-/260852333023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbc02b9df#ht_940wt_1346

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-U-S-BLUE-SEAL-ONE-DOLLAR-SILVER-CERTIFICATE-NOTE-/380368072416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588fb42ee0#ht_780wt_1112

Dont see one anywhere near $100. Sorry dude.

I see all sorts of weird/old money, two weeks ago I had a guy come in and try to pay me with dollar coins, most of them were the newer ones but he had one from 1976 and he also had a morgan dollar from 1887. The jerk in me wanted to just accept it and swap it out for a buck at the end of the night, but I decided to be honest and let him know what he was trying to give me, because he was obviously completely oblivious to what he had.

LOL. I love that show, and love those moments.
Not the case with gold and diamonds here…I can assure you. I’m a frugal prick and often miss deals because I won’t pay a premium even. I wasn’t expecting retail but on his bread n’ butter (gold and gems) I would expect he has a market for them and wouldn’t gouge to the tune of expecting to pay 10% of retail.

if you buy jewelry. Lets say the price new is $4k to purchase. The company has mark up prices that can go over 300%. So that $4k piece, is not really work much at all.

I would keep the old bill. Its just a cool thing that has alot of history behind it

That or when someone has an antique cabinet from like the 1200’s that came over on a boat and has a huge historical significance. Typically it would be worth some crazy amount of money but the person decided to apply a coat of finish to it before they brought it in making it worth nothing.

When I worked at McDonalds when I was a kid, there was this old dude that always used to pay in old bills and coins. Mostly 2 dollar bills, but sometimes he’d use silver certificates and some really old coins, usually 50’s and earlier. The $2 bills were always mint. I still have a few of them.

1.50 tops. I have afew stacks if anyone is looking for more

LOL, probably the same old guy I used to rake leaves for when I was a kid. He’d always pay me in $2 bills and odd coins. I can’t remember if I saved them somewhere or spent them in my broke college years.

There is always stories floating around online of people who go to McDonalds or another place that is run typically by teenagers and pay in $2 bills. So many people think they are fake.

There is always stories floating around online of people who go to McDonalds or another place that is run typically by teenagers and pay in $2 bills. So many people think they are fake.

My dad used to take any rare bills or coins and replace them with his own money.

I always go through pennies and nickels in my change…

$0.0261153 is the melt value for the 1909-1982 copper cent on September 15, 2011.
$0.0597940 is the melt value for the 1946-2011 nickel on September 15, 2011.

Rare as fuck, but I’ve come across a few quarters, my buddy at pepsi finds them all day long in machines.
$7.1706487641 is the total melt value for the 1932-1964 silver quarter on September 15, 2011.

Gee I bet the 8-900,000 pre 82 pennies I have in my basement might be worth something lol