omgkoranwtfbbq

Curious the opinions on this:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/07/florida.quran.burning/index.html?iref=allsearch

For me it’s one of those things that I don’t like, but I understand is protected under free speech.

I am however loving the irony of watching the people who say we must allow an Islamic center to be built 2 blocks from ground zero cry about how extremists are going to use this koran burning to recruit more extremists. Do you not think that extremists are also going to use an Islamic center being built that close to ground zero in their propeganda? Either you’re for free speech or you’re not, you don’t get to pick and choose based on what makes your bleeding heart happy.

I am against the Koran burning and in favor of the “mosque”.

The community center’s intentions are positive.
The burning of the Koran is blatantly negative.

Not everyone who supports the construction of the mosque is doing so because of blind faith in “freedom of speech”

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

That’s not to say that I don’t think that the people burning the Koran shouldn’t be allowed, but I think that they should seriously consider the ramifications of doing it. Burning someone’s holy book seems so fucking childish. It does nothing but cultivate negative feelings from both sides.

I understand that they have a right to build a Mosque wherever they feel fit. I however, believe that they should use a little bit more discretion and re-consider where they want to build it. This seems like one of those “do it because we can get away with it” pot stirring techniques. Not that I fully understand why they would even want to? There’s no reason why they can’t build one somewhere else.

Koran burning = no
Mosque building ESPICALLY using tax payers dollars = NO
when the mosque is built some american will damage it and they will claim holy war on USA or a muslim will do it and blame it on us…then the “holy war” starts

oh and god damn, I’m far from easily offended, but burning the Quran is just fucking pathetic.

A little more on the double standard:

http://wokv.com/blogs/reporters_notebook/2010/09/koran-burning-and-bible-burnin.html

Why can’t people just stop giving a fuck about what other people choose to do with their lives/beliefs/sexuality. It is people like this, who will be responsible for the downfall/destruction of mankind. Why can’t more people not give a fuck if their town’s mayor is homosexual? Who cares what people halfway around the world do? Stir the fucking pot some more Pastor Jones, you dickweed.

:lol: So you rant about how people should not care about what others are doing, then call Paster Jones a dickweed for something he’s doing. Awesome. This is where I hoped this thread would go.

I am fully capable of ruling the world with an iron fist.

Just saying

World war 2…do you know why we went to war?
but what do I know, the USA is the only country with bombs that can circle the planet right…

I’m all for military action in the event of, well…i don’t know…HUMAN GENOCIDE. However, I don’t spend my days getting bent out of shape because someone’s Muslim or a homosexual. Certainly not enough to go on National Television and rant about it.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

There’s a difference. Pastor Jones is an extremeist. Pastor Jones feels the need to ruin someone’s life because of their sexual preference. Calling Pastor Jones a dickweed for doing so, is not so much caring about what Pastor Jones is doing, but rather making a statement. I’m not going to go on the 6 o’clock news and rant about it and I’m certainly not going to try and ruin his life over it.

Pastor Jones wants to burn Quran’s on national television. That is going to have some serious consequences. Calling Pastor Jones a “dickweed” on NySpeed, will not.

I am not against burning the Koran cause it’s pretty much freedom of speech. As long as it’s a peaceful demonstration I guess. With that said I do not support this action, nor would I encourage individuals to do so.

Just curious as to whether or not you’d be okay and expect other individuals to be okay with a bunch of Muslim extremists burning American flags and Bibles on national TV? Again, just curious.

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should…

Do they have the right to build the mosque there? Yes.
Does it help “build bridges?” No.

Do they have the right to burn the Koran? Yes.
Does it help “build bridges?” No.

^ This

Genocide is not what got us into the WWII.

I don’t agree with the book burning. There is such a thing as being the bigger man, turning the other cheek etc.

I understand that, my point being that if an entire regime is eradicating an entire race of people, I’ll be concerned. I don’t however give a shit if you toss salad behind closed doors.

I just wish the news media would die…then shit like this would only be known to a small handful of people and these people who are trying to make a statement will fade away when no one eggs them on.

Agreed. Some minor event happens and we hear about it for 5 years (not that this is necessarily minor). I bet you if the news media never released the fact that the mosque was being built nobody would ever know. Who the fuck cares what these people do.

If they are committing crimes, or planning terrorist attacks kill arrest them.