OMNI full coilovers

Need info on them, they come with upper pillow ball mounts anyone know anything about them?

Any recommendations for coilovers and not looking to spend 1000 on some dont have that kinda money…

Also coilovers or springs?? Wats better for drag launch?

you cant beat the price. They came out with a 1st and 2nd gen version I beleive for the EG’s. I may pick a set up myself, I have heard nothing but good things. A nice equal medium spring rate w/ set dampers.

they make drag rear coils you can buy

this is a stupid question but i need educated why would you have drag coilovers on the rear of a FWD? :confused:

I’m assuming so the rear doesn’t drop and take load off the front tires…but dragg’n isn’t really my thang.

why do u put drag shocks on the front of a RWD car?!

omni’s are decent & i’ve always read good things, but did they come out with dampening adjustability yet?

i know that when they were not adjustable, there were better options out ther for the moneycivic
K-Sport
D2
Koni yellow/grond control combo
buddyclub

& i think these even have dampening adjustablity
Function & form
Megan

the underground racing ones are non adjustable

i’ve been happy with my D2’s
& i think whitey has KSports which is similar (one is a parent company of the other)

I would take omnis over all the above. K Sports may be better, but so fugg’n stiff

i just don’t like that they are not dampening adjustable.
i think the quality on all them are about the same so you have to look @ features & you get more with Ksport/D2, buddyclub, etc…

as far as stiffness…
you can get whatever rates you want…I know my D2s can be completely taken apart & you can get individual parts if needed & you can get whatever spring rates you want…I think the coils are like $50 a pair depending on seller.

not sure about tegs but the EG’s come preloaded with 7k/4k rates (393/225) which is not that bad…i uped mine a little due to my swap & its still not to bad & i run my struts on medium.

yes but if you drag the car the omnis are 12 or 10K fronts with 18K rears

I have the Omni coilovers on my '92 hatch with the ‘street’ spring rates. The back end bounces a little, but it enough to make the car unstable when going through a tight corner with any kind of speed. I haven’t been to the track since I put them on the car, so I don’t know how well they work for drag racing.

The ‘racing’ spring rates are really stiff from what I’ve heard. Might not be good for a street car.

true about the k sport, he did mention he was looking to drag race his car so if thats his sole intent, it may be the better choice.

K Sport’s are a pretty nice setup i think, my springs are just way to stiff. Definitely will go with a little softer spring rate in the near future.

when a car accelerates it tends to “squat” in the back. that puts most of the weight in the rear of the car, which is bad for fwd because you need the front wheels to stay completely planted to get more grip. i think drag coilovers are really really stiff in the rear, so it wont let the weight transfer as much to the back of the car.

Just to add another choice would be Progress coilovers. They have a series II set of street coilovers that don’t cost as much as the race version but still work damn well. I’ve driven a 90’ hatch setup for track days with the progress series II coilovers a few times and i’m still amazed at how it handles. For drag racing i’m sure they’d work as well long as you dialed the camber out of them if you lowered the car. Though if you were really serious i’d recommend the race coilovers. I love mine to death, and yes you can change everything from the springs to the internal valving on them.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i193/habib88/parts002.jpg

Edit: yea a link with some info would help wouldn’t it?
http://www.progressauto.com/TPG%20Catalog%20web-secured.pdf

OMNI drag coilovers are 750 on here

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=2&P_ID=800&strPageHistory=&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=424

they come with upper pillow mounts…what advantage do they have?

now the front come in two different rates…12k or 10k, 12k means they are a stiffer rate rite?

and the rears are extremely stiff??? correct?

and how is my ride gonna be on the street with the rears so stiff?

good buy or no???

are you really drag racing that much as to ruin your ride quality, seems more of a street car to me? go w/ a street rate if you can

it is all what you can deal with on the street. strange will make any combo you want and they are the best in the business for not much more than omnis

what is strange? got a link?