On ramp 1, Cobalt SS 0

so wait…FWD 200hp car crashed more than once is being traded in for a RWD 350+hp car that will be driven all year round?

:facepalm

I already pointed this out and people got panties in a bunch about it…

I’m checking my list of decent winter vehicles right now and 2006 GTO’s are not listed. :frowning:

Yea I tried it once and it was fun for about 5 minutes. Then I had a run in with a hill.

yeah i checked mine as well and 2005 LS2 GTO’s didnt make the list either.

He said that hes going to do the tank track mod on the GTO whe he buys it back from the insurance company after it loops out on the first snow flurry storm he drives in.

maybe you should have them check that CT Scan again friend.

Alright. Let’s play hardball.

The power to weight ratio of a STOCK Cobalt SS Supercharged is 13.6. My car isn’t stock, but that’s besides the point.

The power to weight ratio of a STOCK GTO is ~ 10.8

Not an incredible difference, really. And that’s being generous with the WHP on the GTO.

I will have snow tires on it, I of course don’t plan on driving around on the salted pavement with 4 summer tires. That, and when we get an abundance of snow the car won’t leave the driveway. Plus, if I DO get stuck somewhere with a few inches of powder on the ground, I know that the snow tires combined with the 3800lb curb weight will help with the stability of the car. The Cobalt was GREAT and only got stuck once in the snow, but the 2800lb curb weight certainly did not help with straight line stability. This is why I love driving my fathers’ truck in the bad weather…weight ftw! (sometimes)

Cars weren’t always FWD/AWD too, you know.

As for being crashed more than once, accident #1 was SOLELY Denooyer Chevrolet’s fault. I wasn’t even anywheres near the car when the accident occured.

The recent accident, well, obviously I was driving, but black ice is nothing to be fooled around with, no matter what tires you have.

For insurance purposes, the GTO is cheaper to insure than the Cobalt.

Yeah surprisingly the little cars cost more to insure than bigger ones.

My insurance went down about $5 when I switched from a $14k (sticker price)Hyundai to a $34k (new sticker price) truck.

Why not get a $500 beater for the winter and put the GTO away?

This!

Owning a car you love but only getting to drive it 6mos out of the year sucks. Use that $500 to learn how to drive in the snow and enjoy your car year round.

And if by that you mean… moved out as stated in the thread I made about a month ago, then yes, you are correct.

I like houses, they are kool

Listen to this man.

But some cars really arent made for winter driving. Move south if you want to drive them all year.

I know for sure my Mustang would totally suck in the winter. It has a hard time on wet pavement. That being said Im supposed to be putting it away for the winter today or some time in the next few days if my friend didnt already put it away for me.

Mustang GT

winter warrior

Explain how I drove a 325hp Mach1 on drag radials year round then?? :lol

Screw that. Not everyone has the funds or room for a second car. My situation was this:

• Buy an older/beat/shittier sports car to save money for the luxury of having a winter ride, on which you have to pay insurance, reg, maintenance on top of the purchase price.

OR

• Buy the car you really want and stunt year-round. I didn’t buy the car to look at it. Winter can blow me.

Great to hear things are working out for ya! Have fun with whatever you are getting next.

Being able to afford a winter/beater and not wanting to spend the money is two completely different things. If you drive a 20K+ or able to mod your car, you can afford a DD. If you can’t, you probably can’t afford the car to begin with which seems to be a common trend.

Honestly, having a DD was the best decision I ever made. You can get a lot of quality cars for $1-2K that are reliable.

Very well put homie