One band or genre you really wish people could appreciate

the agony scene I LOVE…

I have only heard one song by them…holy fucking powercords. I like children of Bodom. the instrumental work is absolutly amazing.

Absolutly agree. More metal recognition needed.

the hellacpoters.

that too that too…

man I havn’t listened to zao in 2 years either… I used to listen to this shit all the time. I’m a pussy.

On a better note, My computer blare’s Converge every morning to wake me up… Therefore I am no longer a pussy.

known fact.

I don’t care what people appreciate.
Most people listen to super shitty music and have no real taste whatsoever

At All Cost

Listen now…

mmm hmmm got their CD not bad… but i prefer A life once lost - hunter right now :slight_smile:

I agree that metal needs to be more appreciated. Two of my favorite bands right now are Opeth (granted they are pretty popular), and Dragonforce. Opeth’s cd’s are absolutely incredible. I could probably listem to them all day long.

:confused:

The Smiths. i know they were and still are extremly popular but everybody should like that band.
Cro-Mags.
The Russian Futurists.
Failure.
Archers of Loaf.
Youth of Today.
Herod. buffalo’s finest current metal band.

i’m into a little bit of electronic music too.
Dntel
Figurine
Yo La Tengo
Bjork
Herrmann & Kleine
Lali Puna
Styrofoam
New Order
etc…

no, not banging drum machines, i’m talking like Radiohead - Kid A style, ya know? it’s late.

Drum & Bass. Not the jump-up shit that most people listen to (and call “jungle”) but real drum & bass.

Examples:

Total Science - Be My Twin
Jenna G w/ Total Science - Oooh
TC - Deep
DJ Marky & XRS - Rotation
Blame - Livewire
DJ Fresh - The Immortal
ES9 - Free Your Mind (D Bridge rmx)
Calibre - Corner Dance
A Sides - Nature Girl
Artificial Intelligence - Shinkansen
Pendulum - Slam
Klute - We Are All Dying
Benny Page - Turn Down the Lights
Sub Focus - Airplane
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - In the Silence (feat Tali)

i wish someone would make a hybrid genre that included drum n’ bass and hardcore/metal. that could be pretty intense.

it’s been done. it sucks.

:word: 100%

but… I do like some “jungle” too.

:slight_smile:

how did i forget that?! drum and bass is sweet as well.

You’re forgetting some of the best…some of it is not shit you find in any vinyl store either.

Native - Feel the Drums
Shunji Moriwaki - Shirushi-O-Chodai
DJs & Franklin Fuentes - X-Cuse Me (Sunglasses) [personal favorite]
Hog Molly - Octapussy
H.O.G./Groovelines - Got to Dance Disco

theyre newest album God Forbid IV:Constitution of Treason is fucking amazing…i suggest everyone pick it up reguardless of what you listen to

on another note…it sucked that it took one of the most talented musicians getting murdered on stage for metal to get recognized…and that was only for a little bit…once again RIP Dimebag

I love both of these bands

I’ll probably be flying solo with this one, but REAL country. Not this new age twangy rock Big & Rich crap. I’m talking old school Willie Nelson, Randy Travis, The Judds, Charlie Pride, Waylon Jennings… Not that new country-rock isn’t good, but it’s just that REAL country has gotten left behind for rock with fiddles and country “fans” who don’t know who Ricky Skaggs is. OK, name this song:

So baby let’s sell your diamond ring
Buy some boots and faded jeans and go away
This coat and tie is choking me
In your high socitey you cry all day
We’ve been so busy keepin’ up with the Jones
Four car garage and we’re still building on
Maby it’s time we got back to the basics of love

ATB: because it not only has beat, but is chill and very musical.