Ontario facility that can replace turbo seals on 2871R?

Curious if there are shops locally that can do this properly?

I would never trust anyone to rebuild or replace the center cartridge in a Garret BB turbo… out of 10-15 rebuilds i’ve known about every signle one has failed, but i think the seals are much easier to replace…

Would only trust a specialized turbo-manufacturer or rebuilder… not a shop with a guy who has done this before.

cherryturbo the shop is close to you Bing

yep, cherry turbos.

i’ve known several people to have had their turbos butchered by cherry turbo…

anyone else?

Bing your on drugs. I replaced the center cartridge, on my gt28rs on wednesday. It’s really easy.

Ok you can try Monster-Turbo.com name is JIM

nate, i dont even beleive you…

i’ve known several guys on this forum and others who have had their BB turbos rebuilt… every single one failed in less than 2 weeks.

heck, even if i saw it with my own eyes i wouldnt believe it.

you have a CA too don’t you? go away…lol

does cherry turbo have a website?

http://www.cherryturbos.com/

Google, bing, GOOGLE!!

cherry turbos is not taking any new orders … or doing any work for that matter … he is out of the turbo business well that what herman said on friday…

How can you screw it up?? The cartridge comes out of the box from garret, assembled and balanced. All you do is put your housings on. Jim from J&R (monster-tubro.com) got my cartridge for me. Good friend of mine. He can swap it for ya if you want but it’s really basic. If you need to get a hold of him let me know. The website is old. He’s no longer in Brampton and the number changed.

i thought you can’t rebuild BB center sections period.

rebuilding and replacing are two totally different things…

monsterturbo’s jimmy n ryan. good guys too

BB center sections are NOT rebuildable by ANYONE except garret… Period…end of story. Once you pull the shaft out, your SOL. Unless someone has some hard evidence other wise??? I have spoken to a NUMBER of turbo shops all over North America. They all said NOT rebuildable once I mentioned it was a BB.

Replaceing a center section is childs play though… but at that price you may as well send your turbo back blown for a credit on a brand new turbo.