Opinions Please

hey Guys,

Just want to get some feed back about this link…what is your opinions and what is the first thing you think of when you see the pic? be honest, and post away!

Thanks, Jeff

http://www.opp.ca/Community/DriverSafetySection/ProjectErase.html

the supra looks like it’s from the fast and the furious 1 :hmm

Keeping our babies safe? (In my case, I am a baby)… shifty

Don’t like them, but understand it’s necessary to keep the streets safe, so I strongly support them.

Is that what you were looking for?

f&f for sure lol

meh that shits just a plot to get more money even if they say its not… all bullshit… the people they should be looking out for are women and old people cause they cant drive worth shit yah some speed but whats the crash % of done up cars to the crash % of non suped up cars… they fail to mention that… its all bullshit they target most of us even if we dont do anything cause they hate on us… when have you seen a muscle car pulled over??? never!! cause they prejudice pricks…but they think itll keep us from driving never happen!! yah as you can see i dont like ontario cops cause they are a bunch of dickwads… all of them!! they wont open a track for people and if they do they waiting to **** you over… they should learn from the states cause if they did street racing would go down at least 50% . but whatever they all going to hell… they pull you over and start talking shit like jap cars suck. and american cars are better? please dont kid urself… they just old farts and we make them feel older cause we have what they could never get… simple… canadian law blows … cops = fighting crime? no? seems all they do is pull us over. hard job … and yah some dumb kids crash cause of high speed and hurt other people but most of them dont have nice cars or think they F&F or driving mommys car or need to prove somthing…and 90% of us who enjoy this hobby arent idiots and know to be responsable… yet we get labeled street racers because we have nice rides… please what a joke… i was pulled over last year more than 46 times for bullshit reasons ( in 3 months time) even have it on video tape… was i racing no!! was i doing anything wrong no!! why? cause i had a decent car and tyhey called me a street racer… i said am i racing? no im going the speed limit to work… all fags…

if they do only stop people who race than thats fine. if they start profilling anyone with a modified car then they can just shove their sticks up their ass!

wow … ZEP, your post is all over the place :slight_smile:

i think the topic of street racing and police profiling has been beaten to death on many boards i’m on. so there’s really a wide variety of responses to this. i’m too lazy to write a 10 page response, so i’ll just be succinct.

it all comes down to how a small few (little kids driving around in their parents cars) who ruin it for the rest of us. problem is, those small percentage of kids who do drive around recklessly (and subsequently crash) become plastered all over the media with the support of police.

even on their website they state that within the last 6 years 34 people have been fatally injured due to street racing. not that those 34 are any less serious, but how many deaths due to gang violence/gun violence/stabbing/etc. have occured in the last 6 years? 600? but hey, when someone gets shot to death they only get a 30 second news promo while a street racing fatality gets a whole 5 minutes or even an entire documentary or “special segment”.

okay, i’m starting to write too much, but the problem with programs like ERASE is that they say they’re trying “to change poor driver behaviour through education and strategic enforcement”, but in reality all this means is profiling any modified cars and ticketing them with as much as they can which doesn’t provide long term solutions.