Orr89rocz's 1989 Camaro Iroc-z 5.7L

Who knows i may turn out to be ok, since i never done it i’m not sure what to expect. I was good on that tractor. I was also good on arcade games with a clutch when i was a kid, so we’ll see :slight_smile: Either way i hope the T56 holds the power i plan to put thru it.

Cant wait to see this car w/ a 6 Spd in it :slight_smile:

tractor and car apples oranges, just like a big rig and a car. nothing alike.
fuck it, grind them till you find them, they will make them outta rubber next year what we say in the big rig world:rofl:

Just got a woody.

Then your going to shit yourself when you see his car this Spring Haha.

Then your going to shit yourself when you see his car this Spring Haha.

hahahahaha

Lol. I wont give anything away but he and many others will be shitting themselves this Spring. :bigthumb:

lets hope so

You want to see them shit?! :eek4: :hahano:

What T56 did you get? Looks like an LT1 style trans. Tough to tell from the pics, though. If LT1, is it the '95 & up trans with the .50 6th gear? If it is the .72 or .78 6th gear, it will break. The .50 is the stronger trans. Mine has held up so long because I never ran any sticky tires on it. Once I started running the Drag Radials, I have always worried it’ll break on a strip pass. Of course my truck is much heavier than your Camaro with about the same power level.

You may want to look into a steel 3/4 shift fork & billet syncro keys. If your power shifting (not letting off the gas when shifting), you will damage the keys. I tore mine up last year on the Power Tour. The shift fork is about $89 & the keys are about $100. These both can be replaced without a press. I have done it to mine & I can help you with this. If you want, I can PM you my number so we talk more about this.

You get the bellhousing, flywheel, & slave/master for it too? I think I have an OEM LT1 T56 flywheel if you need one.

I have a mcleod street twin clutch, if you want it.

Dan, i’ll be getting the street twin setup. PM me more information about yours! i’m very interested. Give me info on miles etc. That include the flywheel? and is it neutral balanced?

What T56 did you get? Looks like an LT1 style trans. Tough to tell from the pics, though. If LT1, is it the '95 & up trans with the .50 6th gear? If it is the .72 or .78 6th gear, it will break. The .50 is the stronger trans. Mine has held up so long because I never ran any sticky tires on it. Once I started running the Drag Radials, I have always worried it’ll break on a strip pass. Of course my truck is much heavier than your Camaro with about the same power level.

I think its a 97, atleast thats what the guy said. The car was a 94 or 95 tho. I dont know tho. I did get bellhousing, and have a hurst shifter base but no handle. No slave or any of that yet. I was gonna buy new. The McLeod clutch kit i’m gonna get will have flywheel/clutch and master cylinder.

Either way i’m gonna be throwing some nasty power thru this thing. Not to give away any details yet but its gonna be more than my motor + nitrous this past season. I dont mind babying it off the line if i have to, and being new to sticks i dont plan to powershift, but i really dont think stock it will last that long under full power launches so i’ll have to be careful. I’ll look into upgrading tho. The trans only has 35K miles on it tho. I’d like it to last this season and look into rebuilding it next year

best way to find out if it’s a good T56 is put it in 6th gear, mark the input & output shafts (sharpie will work), turn the input shaft & see how many times the output shaft turns. If you turn the input shaft twice, you should see one complete revolution from the output shaft.

is it in yet ? :rofl:

“Michael, are you sure you want to do that.”

Yes i always wanted a 6 spd haha :slight_smile:

And so it begins

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/41563/2374085200096720624S425x425Q85.jpg

Motor is ready to pull. Clip is off to get repainted and to make room for new project

Lookin good sir. How much time did you have in pulling the front clip? Just wondering because I might have to do the same when I set the 400 in. It was hard enough pulling the V6 with the front clip still on.

Ahhh progress. Nice to see.

well it took me a while to figure out what exactly was holding the damn thing on but you can have it off in an hour or two if you take off the exact bolts you need.

Along the fender/front bumper joint there are like 5 bolts on each side. Under the nose where camaro TPI air box is, there are 2 bolts. the head light brackets on my camaro had 2 bolts on each side too and that was about it i think

Then there is a plastic thing thats got these plastic screws into the crash beam. it kinda attaches the front gfx to the crash beam but doesnt really give support. I cut those off and the whole assembly plops out and down.

Ahhh progress. Nice to see.

months of planning/designing. Its nice to finally use a wrench again and get to work :slight_smile:

Those plastic bolts are crap. Dykes ftw.